What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody like computer RPGs?

Are there any big fans of online computer role-playing games here? Specifically, are there any people who would be willing to put time and effort into helping test a new computer RPG? There are several qualifying factors: You must be 18 years old. You must have a decent machine (at least a 128meg video card and a gig of RAM) and internet access. And you must be willing to play the game and report bugs. USA-only at this time, too. This is just the very initial beginning stage of the public test, and the game will only be online and working for brief, scheduled periods at first.

If this sounds like you, send me a PM here with your full name and email address. I cant guarantee if or when you get in, but you probably will eventually. I will NOT respond to each PM to confirm, but if/when you get in, you'll get a confirmation email from the company. Some of you know I make computer games, but for those who don't, aside from growing CPs, I work for a major computer game developer, whose name I won't put here because it's subject to public searches, and I don't want this invite getting out to the public.

Capslock

DAMN, I fit the profile except... I'm only 16. x_x

Oh well... sorry, can't help ya then.

Let me add one thing. This is NOT for our highly-publicized title whose initials are HG: L.

Capslock

I'll do it. Send me an email or pm about it.

Cool, almost worked for Nintendo myself, went to an autograph event at the NintendoWorld and handed my resume to Reggie Fils-Aime himself!! And gotta call a week later from HR, course I woulda hadta move out to Wash. State and I'm not leavin NY again....
Unfortunately, I'm more of a Turn-Based Strategy (RTS if it's really good) player and I don't think my computer's up to par and I've got no time so I guess that rules me out...

Hmm is there a reason why you have to be 18 to do it? Just wondering.

Yes Chrono. For the beta test, there are non-disclosure agreements and Terms of Service agreements that you have to be of legal age to agree to. I know, blame the lawyers, it's all their fault!!!

Capslock

I'm tempted, but I don't have a lot of free time. I might be a good candidate too... I'm in the user-interface field. Only have 768MB of RAM but am putting together another computer in the next couple months.

Depends on how many hours a week you need, I guess.

Yes Chrono. For the beta test, there are non-disclosure agreements and Terms of Service agreements that you have to be of legal age to agree to. I know, blame the lawyers, it's all their fault!!!

Capslock

Oh I will blame the lawyers, I will.

I even specifically built my computer to be able to play these games. 2 gigs of ram and all that.

Is it MMORPG? Or something more like Final Fantasy online similar to Diablo2?

xvart.

I've never played an MMORPG. It's really hard for me to comprehend how they never end.

I hope there's never a FINAL final fantasy :(

If you like Diablo 2, you'll like this game. There's a lot of action, more like D2 than FF or traditional MMORPGs like WoW or Everquest. But everyone has a different definition of MMO. JLAP, MMO's generally are played online with other people in a world that never goes away. You keep leveling your character and finding new loot and learning new skills, and you can do that for months. Years even.

Capslock

Lol. I can't be trusted in an online world. I'd try to kill everyone lol

Lol. I can't be trusted in an online world. I'd try to kill everyone lol
Neither can I. I would get too consumed by an online world like that. I had enough trouble stepping away from Diablo 2 in order to fulfill my other obligations. I love Blizzard products, but I told myself I would never play WoW because my life would be over. I just wish my computer was good enough for the necessary requirements.

xvart.

i would have preferred to have heard "no its completely unique and original"

lol. I don't think that's impossible these days. I would have liked to have heard "it's this sweet sidescrolling game." I love sidescrolling games the way the level designs and unit placement are the reason for the difficulty.

xvart.

Why? That's normally a good way to tell someone is full of it. lol

A game can be more like A than like B and still be new and unique. Just something to chew on...

yes but doesnt have to be...

Hold on. I can say it's like sorta like Diablo 2! I made that one, too!

I'm reminded of the "They might be Giants" lyric:

'There's only two songs in me, and I just wrote the third!"

Capslock

OK, anyone who signed up, check your email! Testing begins tonight.

Max

Back