What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a good read for those of you that are bored and staying up late...

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
I got the following link from a forum that discusses the paranormal. To get the full effect of the story try reading it when you are by yourself and at night… It’s not a screamer, so don’t think I am tricking you.

When I was reading through it, I got a bit creeped out. I enjoyed reading it and hope you will too…
http://www.holyshiite.com/caver/index.html

EDIT: Oh yeah, if any of you decide to read through the story, please tell me what you thought about it.

I didn't read it... But thought the ad that popped up when I viewed this page (keeping the title in mind) was pretty funny so I'd share:

check this out

haha- K I'm going to bed now :-D

I liked it. I guess someone was fishing for a movie or publishing deal in the post-Blair Witch Project world. I'm going to go turn on some more lights and then I'll be back . . .

I read the whole thing, to the end. At the last part, where he says he's gonna go back with 'Joe', and there's the 'Next' button, it says that 'The requested URL /caver/page11.html was not found on this server.' Did he die or something?

Holy crap I'm freaked out

-Ben

It's fiction. It's been circling the internet for a while. Yes, the missing last page is intentional.

Oh, well that ruined my hopes and dreams.

-Ben

I could tell this was fiction from almost the beginning. I started seeing things that didn't add up from the time they started drilling. I have worked with hammer drills for almost 15 years and I know their limitations. The battery limitation, was way off. The time they it took the to break a fingernail size rock off was way too long.

I also saw that through the whole story it was trying to build up suspense. That was a sign it was written and not a journal. Through out the whole thing the writer never wrote about what he was going to do, he just wrote about what had already happened. Then at the end to build up a lot of suspense, he wrote all about how he was going to update everybody the next day.

It was very entertaining and you had to read on to just see what was going to happen. It appears to me that whoever wrote this is a professional writer and it appears from certain
usage of phrases and words to be from the Midwest.

After doing a little research on this I found a site that says the story may have been written by a guy name Thomas Lera, I found a story that was written by him that has very similar lines in it as the story above. I haven't read this story yet and I can't say it's the same story.

Unlike the web blog story, this story is suppose to have the ending.

man that was a good story to bad its fake!

After doing a little research on this I found a site that says the story may have been written by a guy name Thomas Lera, I found a story that was written by him that has very similar lines in it as the story above. I haven't read this story yet and I can't say it's the same story.

Unlike the web blog story, this story is suppose to have the ending.

That's the one that I said was another version, I think. It has his name at the bottom, anyways.

-Ben

oh sorry, I didn't even look at yours.

Ahhh man! I remember reading this last year! I was so PISSED because the story didn't have an end! I actually sent an angry email to the writer. x_x; Though in hindsight I suppose it's better that way. :p The pictures really helped to create the creepiness though!

Some things are better left unsaid. Not just "I love you" on the second date, but things like the ending of that story or all the bad things that happen off-camera in the Blair Witch Project.

Back