What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another new toy. R/C helicopter - Video

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I was playing around today making a video of my new toy that I got earlier this week.
A Micro Mosquito R/C Helicopter.

Here's a video of me playing around with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgeTv1vFh6Y

Awesome, I'm getting one of these when the price comes down a bit. I have the original Bladerunner, when it had a tail rotor. These things are so fun! How many minutes of fly time can you get on one charge? Have you seen the PicooZ? That looks like fun too, though only 2ch.

That thing is so cool! I love how "gracefully" you land it too. xD

I saw the firefly which is the same as what you have except it's red instead of green.
I want one. I have to get one.

How much are they? Looks like it'd be pretty expensive but worth the price.. well.. I guess that depends on the price, huh? I'm not normally even into those kinds of things either.

$70 to $100

I might invest in one... reports aren't to great though. But I read with some lube things improve.

Oh 70-100 isn't too bad. I was expecting the price to be higher. Maybe I actually will get one sometime... wait can they fly OUTSIDE too? It says indoor on the site.

I love helicopters :) The "biggest" one I have is a megatch housefly. It's actually strong enough to fly outside... The others I have you can't even have the AC on :-D Ok flying though ;-)
Andrew

Oh 70-100 isn't too bad. I was expecting the price to be higher. Maybe I actually will get one sometime... wait can they fly OUTSIDE too? It says indoor on the site.

Indoor only. I close all the windows to make sure there's no draft. These things weigh almost nothing, a little bit of draft and it'll make the helicopter unstable. It would be fun to take it outside if you don't mind a severe crash. It might be worth it, just fly really high in case something goes wrong.

Oh and elgecko, avoid flying too close to the ceiling. If you don't already know why, trust me, don't do it. It'll be hilarious if you do though.

That looks like fun. Nice landings (most of the time!) on the video. It would be fun to set up different landing pad areas throughout your house and fly it all over the place instead of just one room. How is it powered? An rechargable battery? How long does one charge go?

xvart.

Awesome, I'm getting one of these when the price comes down a bit. I have the original Bladerunner, when it had a tail rotor. These things are so fun! How many minutes of fly time can you get on one charge? Have you seen the PicooZ? That looks like fun too, though only 2ch.

With using the tail motor almost constantly, I get a good 6-7 minutes of flying time. I have some PiccoZ tail blades coming to see if it will help with a bit more forward speed. The pitch on them is more then the stock MM's.

I have seen a video of a PiccoZ zipping around a house. Being 2 channel they place weight in the nose that makes it always fly forward. It will not hover, but faster forward speed then the MM.

0zzy,
Larry's correct about the Firefly. I imagine it only hovers.

ChronoKiento,
As light as the MM is, any breeze would cause it to crash to the ground.

Indoor only. I close all the windows to make sure there's no draft. These things weigh almost nothing, a little bit of draft and it'll make the helicopter unstable. It would be fun to take it outside if you don't mind a severe crash. It might be worth it, just fly really high in case something goes wrong.

Oh and elgecko, avoid flying too close to the ceiling. If you don't already know why, trust me, don't do it. It'll be hilarious if you do though.

Or wall for that matter. They suck into it rather quickly.

Here's a thread with some mod's people have done to there MM.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515376

Most people complain about the constant yaw of the MM and that they can not trim it out. I do not use the trim at all, just a little right stick to keep it's heading.

Wow, it doesn't look that light, just small really. That's kind of funny though.

Im definetaly going to be Modifying mine if i get one, i would like one of the second generation's though..

Hey there Steve,
Nice video . A little more practice on those landings and I'm sure that you'll nail it everytime.LOL
Lois

Here's a picture so you can see the size of this little heli.

MMhand.jpg

Very cool toy.
Looking at that close up pic, I'm surprised the little motors can hold that thing in the air.
Was there a long learning curve to fly that thing?
Looks like fun.
Have you ever tried a real r/c car or truck, they are also a lot of fun!
Peace,
Zero:)

Back