What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If they cant handle the cold we dont want'em anyway :p

(i kid you)

Well we don't want them either. Please reconsider and take them back.

Nascar rocks! :woot: Adnedarn, can I come visit you when I'm in Arizona getting married? Hey wanna come to my wedding?? Yeah lets do that! And then I wanna go lizard hunting. Ok cool! :-D

Oh HAIL no! We don't do lizard hunting here... We hunt snowbirds.... And this time of the year.. .they're EVERYWHERE!!! :suspect: :suspect:

You don't want to come to my wedding :( That's mean Andrew :(

P.S- I'm gonna ask you ONE LAST TIME to take your siggy down! :poke:

Edit- I'm NOT a snowbird anymore, you even said so yourself!

Weddings are boring. So, still no.

Your request has been noted :) (click the arrow next to the quote to see the full post BTW :) )

I don't recall ever saying you were not a snowbird anymore... But I also didn't say I was hunting you... It's true. It is snowbird season... They're all over the place. I don't know how many times this week I got stuck behind those rental cars, or out of state cars doing 25mph down a major street (40mph) :censor:

Last edited:
Lol, I don't mind them but I hate the tourist and the stupid tour busses going down our street to look at the pwetty wittle moutains and leaves on their way to some camp.

I'm NOT a snowbird anymore, you even said so yourself!

There are only two ways you won't be a snowbird anymore. One is to die and be reincarnated as a southerner. Or two go back to Canada and never come back.

I have one question that has never been answered. Why is that when yankees come to the south they lose their ability to drive? I have spent many years in the north and they don't seem to have that problem when they are at home. But when they come here they drive 20 mph under the speed limit in the left lane, they refuse to use turning lanes or turn signals and one car in front of me actually stopped in a turning lane to look at a map, while I was wanting to turn.

I just can't figure it out.

Just so you know, Americans aren't the best drivers either ok!! I've said it many times before on this board, Floridians CANNOT drive! Maybe it's just where I live but damn! 0zzy no I will not die (not right now anyway) but when I do I will make sure to haunt you! I am NOT a snowbird because I no longer live in Canada and visit the states to get away from the cold weather, so therefor I am not a snowbird anymore. Andrew, many months ago we had this discussion about me being a snowbird and you said that technically Niki is not a snowbird, for the reason I just mentioned, I'm sure you have conviniently forgotten! MY wedding will not be boring! As for the siggy, you're a bum :p

We get stuck behind people who are driving 25 in 40mph areas too, most of them are from Michigan I've noticed.

Americans aren't the best drivers either ok!! I've said it many times before on this board, Floridians CANNOT drive!

Think about this for a minute. Florida residents are about 70% non-native. In other words most of the people that drive around with Florida plates are snowbirds just like you. That's why people in Florida can't drive.

You can't change who you are. Once a snowbird always a snowbird. I call them yankees and Andrew calls them snowbirds. You don't have to just come here because of the weather to be a snowbird. If you move from the north to the south, you're a snowbird.

OK, then I'm a snowbird and I'm proud of it! People in NC can't drive either.

I am a Floridian - I drive fine.

I never said you shouldn't be proud of it. You are what you are. I'm a redneck and I'm proud to be one.

Have you ever been to NC? If not then how do you know how we drive?

Besides we suffer from the same problem that Florida does. Non-native residents, yankees for short.

I know cause you live there :) Buster I meant to say some Floridians can't drive.

Buster I meant to say some Floridians can't drive.

Yeah the 70% snowbird Floridians.

While typically snow bird does mean one who goes from a cold climate to a warm climate for the winter.... I think Florida is an exemption to that. They never have a *winter* SO, you moved from Canada (always cold) to Florida (always warm) That means you moved from a always winter to always summer.... So there is no warm home time to go back, soooo.... Permanant snowbird. :) Go live in upstate New York or something for a few years. Then I'll retract, till then. Snowbird. :)

Ok :devil:

Well we don't want them either. Please reconsider and take them back.

You can keep some of them, but many others are having seperation difficulty with us, because the North is so great they feel the need to keep coming back for the warmer months, like they just cant leave. But you can have them for half the year, howsabout that?

Welcome back Spec!

Jerry

Spec? What are you talking about? This topic is about Yankees and Snowbirds.

Back