What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new experiment!

JLAP,

I think I would try to get a warranty replacement before I did anything else, sounds to me like they had pinched a diaphram or something during assembly, glad it didnt blow the glass in your face, always look away from a regulator when you first pressurize it

contact them and request a "Return Authorization". all they can say is no but they will probably say yes, generally this isnt isolated, they may have been a bad run of them

good luck,
Av

Oh this is the second one I've bought! The first one became unsealed at the glass on the high-end gauge. This one blew blew gas in my face lol. It burned when I breathed it in when I gasped lol. Scared me lol.

My parent's aren't gonna let me get another one lol. I'm just gonna sell my other co2 equipment as well.

Watch them say they won't give me a refund/replacement because it has wrench marks on it.

Lmao, the tank frostbit my hand lol. It hurts still but I'm fine :)

same mfg?

I definitely wouldnt do business with them again, next time go to a welding supply house and get commercial quality

assuming mom and dad ever let ya again

Av

mfg?

Well it's for a 20 oz. paintball tank lol. I used to have a 20 gallon aquarium and I didn't want a big tank lol.

Yeah, my parents say "no" lol. I'm definately not going to do business with them again.

(same manufacturer)

Oh yes they were both Redsea products and both from the same online retailer.

Oh well, this experiment will never come to fruition :(

could Guarantee be in there for some reason?

Sue 'em. You could have been seriously injured. Take the money and make a killer bog.

Lol, I'm not sue happy :)

And I've already got a bog lol. It's a lake :)

I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

Oh me too! If the gauges has exploded I would be blind :(

JLAP,

just in case you do go again.... Victor is considered the industry standard in regulators, here is one of their econo models.... even if the diaphram leaks it more then likely isnt going anywhere

http://store.cyberweld.com/meaf150fl.html

Av

I wish I had known about that originally :( Parent's are firm on this one lol. They are afraid it'll blow up again.

I told them it was a freak accident but hey I can only convince them so much :(

JLAP,

why not downsize the experiement and use the yeast and sugar water method... i know it isnt high tech, but co2 is co2

Av

I could but i'm far too lazy for that and it's not much. For it to be economic time-wise i'd have to add it in proportions that would just give me a small boost of co2. Plus it would continue to produce at night when it's useless.

I tried the yeast method and it was a nightmare lol. Leaks and sludge and foam and... ehh none of that for me :)

Back