What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ban-Crazy

Well lets see. I basicly stated that driving was a priveledge that is given out all too freely and no one cought on. I still say get rid of the problem and not the symptom. Don;t hand drivers licenses out to of farts who cannot see to drive just because they are renewing their license. Don't go giving the license back to known DUI drivers. Don't go giving a license to a teen who has shown the inability to drive or maturaty to drive safely. Granted it is a public road, but my vehicle is not public. I bought and paid for it. Also you guys fail to see the implications of the whole insurance arguement. pretty soon you folks are going to make it where the cars have sensors in them to detect seatbelt use and speed and all this other jazz and people are going to have no choice in the matter. It is that mentality that is driving this land into the DIRT.

Bugweed I am alog younger than you, but I can remember the days of being able to go to the creek and swim and explore the creek. You cannot do that today. You would get in trouble for something or have a child predator loose ready to kidnap you. Kids cannot be kids anymore and people cannot drive or do anything without someone else having something to say about it.

I said it before and I will say it again!!! There are plenty of other things that cause a hurt to peoples wallet, and when you go banning or regulating them all then there is bound to be problems. Micromanaging never works unless your a slave owner working some slaves. SOOO I will continue to drive without my seatbelt unless it is raining.

endorsing the government to make legislation on anything is a slippery slope, and we just might be coming up to a steep hill. I still have the prediction I will be screaming "I told you so" before I die.

Lol, pretty soon? If my mom or dad doesn't have the seatbelt on the car goes beep! beep! beep! beep! until it's on. It's annoying as crap, but it really makes you wear your seatbelt, that's for sure.

Josh, you REALLY should wear it dude. Even if you are the best driver who's ever existed and ever will, that doesn't mean the person who hits you will be. Why take a chance?

Lol, I've never been in an innocent world. Once I was almost kidnapped at the park (or so my mother says) and once we were camping and I found a bunch of used.... toiletries lets just say, once I found a needle, there was a sex offender living like a mile away from our old house...

Lol, Kids these days don't know what it was like to be a kid lol. When we aren't playing video games or doing god-knows-what we are watching TV while are parents live in fear that we will be raped. To this day I can't use IM anymore because I gave my phone number out to a member and my parents freaked and assumed they were a child molester or something lol.

I fail to see? Thats pretty strong word right there, especially when you dont say what we fail to see.

You buy computers but use internet. I fail to see the difference on owning vehicles bit not the system.

Why people want to severely reduce their chances for surviving a random accident is beyond me. It doesnt make scence. If it did then prehaps there should be a choice, but there is no good reason not to.

My point is you dont own the roads so you dont have the option of doing what you want on it.

endorsing the government to make legislation on anything

The goverment legislates. Thats what it does. Thats how they use their power. How can a goverment exist and not legeslate

EDIT:
(sorry for my previous versions- they were poorly stated)

Last edited:
Ok Finch, what does regulating the use of networks mean? Lol, i'm clueless. Is that like Net Neutrality (The internet is a series of tubes you know...)?

I've been to two accidents in my life and I was wearing my seatbelt both times :) They weren't BAD and I probably would have been uninjured anyway but I'm glad I was wearing it anyway.

We should have an autobahn from the E coast the the W coast. Just drive and drive and drive and drive and it would be awesome as crap man!

Regulating the network- having a set of rules on what you can and cant do (or prehaps what you should or should not do)

Like speed limits, stoplights, etc to keep the roads safer for us all and trafic flowing. I see seatbelt laws as an extention of these

The internet example was just to show how you can own a vehicle but not the system, not regarding rules. Ok back to edit<<<

Last edited:
I have edited and redone my posts above so many times. I dont like the way i had stated things.

I propose we make everyone wear different colored underwear for every day of the week, and striped on the sides with as many marks as as their are months in a year. 1 stripe=January
2 stripes= February, and so on. Now everybody just get into a line here, and just quit thinking. Let someone else do your thinking for you. Now get your underwear, make sure you have one stripe on it for this month, and find the color relevant to the day of the week, and everyone toe the same line. March quietly to your destiny; excuse me while I don't.

I propose complete anarchy, no rule of law what so ever. No police, no military, no gov't, every human for themselves.

It does sound rather preposterous when you say "the government says you cant use that kind of lightbulb"

What if we don't wear underwear?

Lol, i guess i'll be put to death lmao

Is it wrong that I feel VERY sexy right now?

JLAP, If your undies are not Government Santioned, well, that's 20 years in a Federal prison, with a boyfriend named "Mad Dawg"!!

Lmao omg that's so funny lmao

Atleast it's not "Bubba" lmao

Thats because Bubba is busy. He'll Be Back!!!!!1

ew....haha ive heard some weird bans in the past. in new york schools are banning cell phones on school property! if you get caught you get a "super detention" and can even get suspension..... thats stupid
Alex

OMG bugweed, you're so hilarious LMAO!

When I was in like 4th grade they banned Pokemon cards. No other kinds of cards, just Pokemon lmao

While the thought of total government control scares me, anarchy probably scares me even more...shops would be looted, there would be a massive amount of car accidents, buildings would be blown up on a regular basis, like half of all teens would be pregnant, people would be shot and stabbed to death and the criminals would run lose, sex offnders would be running amuck...pretty much everyone would die...

...But I most definateley agree that banning light bulbs and putting restrictions on a models weight is absolutley insane...luckly these laws rarley pass so I wouldn't fret about em'

-peace

You know what kills me? Speaking of banning ridiculous stuff....We had this religious wacko in our school district who was the ringleader of a couple of other religious wackos.

Back when I was in highschool (or slightly later?), this lady & her cronies tried to ban D&D & Magic: The Gathering from the school district because they're "satanic."

I love ignorance. Needless to say, after a bried hearing, the school board told her to get lost. I think she even took her poor son out of the district in favor of a private school.

awww i miss the pokemon cards. but yea thye banned them from ours too. they only banned having them out during school though and we could play with them after school in the pokemon card club :D they banned a recess game from our school we called kick and catch. basically there are 2 teams. 1 team kicks it to the other team. if the other team caught it they got a point and would kick it back. if they didnt catch it then they would just kick it back. our teachers were probably just stupid and thought the game was too rough so they banned it
Alex

You know what kills me? Speaking of banning ridiculous stuff....We had this religious wacko in our school district who was the ringleader of a couple of other religious wackos.

Back when I was in highschool (or slightly later?), this lady & her cronies tried to ban D&D & Magic: The Gathering from the school district because they're "satanic."

I love ignorance. Needless to say, after a bried hearing, the school board told her to get lost. I think she even took her poor son out of the district in favor of a private school.

I can take care of those weirdos...chant with me as I summon up harry potter from the fiery depths of hell...

http://zappa.com/spifnificent.html
Zappa.com Forum Index Zappa.com
The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards

FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why can't American's see what's coming?

View previous topic :: View next topic
baddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:18 am Post subject: Why can't American's see what's coming? Reply with quote
Well, I would say that roughly 20% can but of the 80% that can't, half are too into themselves to look at anything except what brings them pleasure (politics is too boring, no pleasure in it, who cares if babies are bombed in their name, they won't even grumble about paying for it), and the other half haven't evolved much past that batch, they grumble, but they're only dimly aware there may be truth beyond their beloved propaganda of TV "news", Rush Linbaugh and Randi Rhodes, but they're still too lazy to do the work of educating themselves. That's right folks, don't touch that dial. That's America, home of the brave.

January 27 / 28, 2007

Targeting Iran
Why Can't Americans See What's Coming?

By PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts01272007.html

"What can be done to bring American awareness up to the standard of the rest of the world?

Everything is in place for an attack on Iran. Two aircraft carrier attack forces are deployed to the Persian Gulf, US attack aircraft have been moved to Turkey and other countries on Iran's borders, Patriot anti-missile defense systems are being moved to the Middle East to protect oil facilities and US bases from retaliation from Iranian missiles, and growing reams of disinformation alleging Iran's responsibility for the insurgency in Iraq are being fed to the gullible US Media

Why cannot Americans understand?

Why hasn't Congress told Bush and Cheney that they will both be instantly impeached if they initiate a wider war?"

Ummm, because they WON'T be impeached, the Democrats took that off the table first thing, before they even got to office. Remember Israel's slaughter of Lebanese that went on for a month while Congress, in the grips of the Israeli lobby money, stood by silently? Or how about Congress's authorization of the first strike in Iraq and financing of the ongoing festivities there, Congress is about to DOUBLE the war spending for next year...why should Iran be any different, hell, Hillary has wild popularity among a hoard of dumbed down Americans, and she was getting down on Bush for being too SOFT on Iran.

I saw Bush on TV last night, he was issuing a fresh warning Iran that he may take FIRM action.

Wars-R-Us.

Duhhhhh.
It brings up an interesting question on human nature: If the roles were reversed, if Iraq was bombing the **** out of Americans, would the Iraqi people stop the bombing, or would they be as nonchalant about it as Americans are, and continue to support leaders who continue the war.

I suppose if 80% of them would support their leaders who are bombing the US (95% of Americans just voted for a pro-war (pro-outsourcing, pro-PATROIT ACT), president, the anti-war candidate was ridiculed by the pro war voters), then it 's OK to be killing Iraqi's because they're mostly bad people anyway, they would do it to us.

Last edited by baddy on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Batchain1001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:14 am Post subject: Re: Why can't American's see what's coming? Reply with quote
baddy wrote:
Well, I would say that roughly 20% can but of the 80% that can't, half are too into themselves to look at anything except what brings them pleasure (politics is too boring, no pleasure in it, who cares if babies are bombed in their name, they won't even grumble about paying for it), and the other half haven't evolved much past that batch, they grumble, but they're only dimly aware there may be truth beyond their beloved propaganda of TV "news", Rush Linbaugh and Randi Rhodes, but they're still too lazy to do the work of educating themselves. That's right folks, don't touch that dial. That's America, home of the brave.

January 27 / 28, 2007

Targeting Iran
Why Can't Americans See What's Coming?

By PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts01272007.html

"What can be done to bring American awareness up to the standard of the rest of the world?

Everything is in place for an attack on Iran. Two aircraft carrier attack forces are deployed to the Persian Gulf, US attack aircraft have been moved to Turkey and other countries on Iran's borders, Patriot anti-missile defense systems are being moved to the Middle East to protect oil facilities and US bases from retaliation from Iranian missiles, and growing reams of disinformation alleging Iran's responsibility for the insurgency in Iraq are being fed to the gullible US Media

Why cannot Americans understand?

Why hasn't Congress told Bush and Cheney that they will both be instantly impeached if they initiate a wider war?"

Ummm, because they WON'T be impeached, the Democrats took that off the table first thing, before they even got to office. Remember Israel's slaughter of Lebanese that went on for a month while Congress, in the grips of the Israeli lobby money, stood by silently? Or how about Congress's authorization of the first strike in Iraq and financing of the ongoing festivities there, Congress is about to DOUBLE the war spending for next year...why should Iran be any different, hell, Hillary has wild popularity among a hoard of dumbed down Americans, and she was getting down on Bush for being too SOFT on Iran.

I saw Bush on TV last night, he was issuing a fresh warning Iran that he may take FIRM action.

Wars-R-Us.

Duhhhhh.
It brings up an interesting question on human nature: If the roles were reversed, if Iraq was bombing the **** out of Americans, would the Iraqi people stop the bombing, or would they be as nonchalant about it as Americans are, and continue to support leaders who continue the war.

I suppose if 80% of them would support their leaders who are bombing the US (95% of Americans just voted for a pro-war president, the anti-wae candidate was ridiculed by the pro war voters), then it 's OK to be killing Iraqi's because they're mostly bad people anyway, they would do it to us.
If it were ever somehow determined that Saddam Hussein's deepest wish in his entire life was to see as many Americans killed and maimed as possible it would then follow that George W. Bush was the one who fulfilled it.

--Bat
googly moogly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:38 am Post subject: Re: Why can't American's see what's coming? Reply with quote
"america" can't see what's coming, going nor nothing
poor ignorant scared people can't see anything
they'll sign a paper that lets their goverment analyse their annus
if that would let them keep their fantasy waltdisney false stories
they teach in their schools that they call history of "america"
like if they learn history watching to Mel Gibson and Clint Eastwood's
vomitiv movies and they do believe it and fight to dead with anyone
who say it's false..."americans" should start to learn to know the difference betwen the real world and hollywood

i'm totally spiritual
keenthegod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Fascism is upon us.

The goverment you see is selected not elected. Our civil liberties are being taken away one by one. With each carefully orchastrated 'terrorist attack' laws can be instantly changed. Soon the net will be monitered and exchange of real information will be hard.

Fight the power or live in a micro-chipped population of walking zombies!

Evidence of these intentions has just come out; seek it.
Joe Mama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
very true... that ahmadinejad scares the **** out of me. too bad we're in too much **** to do anything about it.
Mr_Green_Genes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Joe Mama wrote:
very true... that ahmadinejad scares the **** out of me. too bad we're in too much **** to do anything about it.

That GWB also scares the **** out of me (not really, but the people pulling the strings). Too bad I can't do nothing about it. Well, I try to warn people that the US elections have been rigged twice, but some people threw me stones here for hitting that note...
My_Name_Is_Fritz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Joe Mama wrote:

Yeah, this guy is crazy. Arranging a congress to prove that holocaust never took place is just stupid.
Studebaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

Yeah, this guy is crazy. Arranging a congress to prove that holocaust never took place is just stupid.

I certainly don't feel a lot safer with religious zealots like Ahmadinejad having their fingers on the nuclear button...

Invading Iran is definitely not the answer though. The consequences would make the war in Iraq seem like a picknick.

http://www.frappr.com/frankzappaforum - FZ Forum World Map
My_Name_Is_Fritz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Studebaker wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

I certainly don't feel a lot safer with religious zealots like Ahmadinejad having their fingers on the nuclear button...

Invading Iran is definitely not the answer though. The consequences would make the war in Iraq seem like a picknick.

I second that. I hope nobody will start just another useless war. But I'm really afraid that diplomacy will fail. I hope EU will succeed, but I suppose Iran won't talk to EU but to USA, which is so pigheaded under Bush now.
Mr_Green_Genes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Joe Mama wrote:

Can you show us that info source, Fritz?

PS. Oh, A congress, not Iran's Congress (as in parliment) Razz

Anyway the congress was supposed to discuss it, not saying that holocaust never took place. Check out the BBC links in the Iran thread...
timm0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
to paraphrase oscar wilde, to elect george w bush once may be regarded as a misfortunate, but twice seems like carelessness.

Last edited by timm0 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
My_Name_Is_Fritz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Joe Mama wrote:

Can you show us that info source, Fritz?

PS. Oh, A congress, not Iran's Congress (as in parliment) Razz

Anyway the congress was supposed to discuss it, not saying that holocaust never took place. Check out the BBC links in the Iran thread...

Sorry, I can find only a german source so far. There were a lot of reports about it here.

IRAN
Holocaust-Leugner-Konferenz in Teheran begonnen
In Iran hat am Morgen die Konferenz zum Thema Holocaust begonnen. Teheran behauptet, das wahre Ausmaß der Judenermordung während des Nationalsozialismus erkunden zu wollen. Präsident Ahmadinedschad hatte wiederholt die Ermordung von Millionen Juden in Frage gestellt.

Teheran - An der Konferenz nehmen mehr als 60 ausländische Gäste aus 30 Ländern teil. Laut Teheran handelt es sich hierbei nur um Wissenschaftler und Meinungsforscher, nicht jedoch um Neo-Nazis. Dem Programm zufolge sind auch Teilnehmer aus westlichen Staaten dabei. So etwa der frühere französische Literaturprofessor Robert Faurisson, der wegen Leugnung des Massenmordes am jüdischen Volk während der NS-Zeit mehrfach verurteilt worden war.

Einer Ende November vom iranischen Außenministerium herausgegebenen Erklärung stehen auf der Agenda der Konferenz unter anderem die Themen "Antisemitismus, Nazismus und Zionismus", "Nazismus und Zionismus: Kollaboration oder Kooperation" sowie "Die Gaskammern: Verleugnung oder Bestätigung".

Der iranische Präsident Mahmud Ahmadinedschad hatte in den vergangenen Monaten wiederholt die Ermordung von Millionen Juden während des Zweiten Weltkriegs in Frage gestellt. Den europäischen Staaten warf er vor, mit Hilfe des "Mythos" vom Holocaust Israels Gründung im Jahr 1948 erzwungen zu haben. International stößt die Konferenz auf scharfe Kritik.

Die US-Regierung hatte die Veranstaltung im Vorfeld verurteilt. Bei diesem Treffen stünden Leute im Mittelpunkt, die den Holocaust leugnen, sagte US-Außenamtssprecher Sean McCormack am Freitag in Washington. Zuvor hatte auch die Bundesregierung die Konferenz scharf kritisiert und den Geschäftsträger der iranischen Botschaft in Berlin ins Außenministerium einbestellt.

ler/AFP/dpa

They even invited some europeans, who denied the holocaust.

Be sure, that this topic is observed here for good reasons very well.
Mr_Green_Genes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Contrary of what some western vehicles showed, this was not exclusively for denial of the holocaust. This was a provocation for the west because of the political use of the holocaust and it's ban on discussing it, since you can go to jail if your ideas or research questions the 6 million figure...

As I told on this thread, even a group of orthodox Jews went to discuss it:

Why are Jews at the 'Holocaust denial' conference?

Why are Jews attending a conference on the Holocaust in Tehran at which star guests include deniers of the genocide? Clue: they also want an end to the Israeli state.

A handful of Orthodox Jews have attended Iran's controversial conference questioning the Nazi genocide of the Jews - not because they deny the Holocaust but because they object to using it as justification for the existence of Israel.

With their distinctive hats, beards and side locks, these men may, to the untrained eye, look like any other Orthodox believers in Jerusalem or New York. But the Jews who went to Tehran are different.

Some of them belong to Neturei Karta (Guardians of the City), a Hasidic sect of a few thousand people which views Zionism - the movement to establish a Jewish national home or state in what was Palestine - as a "poison" threatening "true Jews".

(...)
pedro1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems I heard the other day that one of the ' NEW ' tactics employed in the Iraquagmire is the hunt for and , authentication , of weapons being supplied by Iran.
This is sure to escalate beyond an accusation to a full blown conflict with the GWB admin. assuring us that there's reason enough to act harshly on Iran ... IF ... Israel doesn't do it for us.

Anybody know anything bout this new stratagy?
Mr_Green_Genes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Studebaker wrote:

I certainly don't feel a lot safer with religious zealots like GWB having their fingers on the nuclear button...

just looking from the other direction
baddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote
pedro1 wrote:

Anybody know anything bout this new stratagy?

It's the same strategy that was used to convince the dumbed down masses that we needed to invade Iraq in the first place, (mushroom clouds and Al Qaeda). In 6 months the TV changed public opinion from 10% wanting to invade Iraq to 75% wanting to invade Iraq. That's real ****ing power, that's the power of the TV over the sheep, (and judging by that number, 75% of us are sheep, we'll se more confirmation of this percentage in a moment). This goes right to the point of this thread, which is how the vast majority of Americans are totally controlled by the propaganda of the elite, so controlled, they can't even see what's coming, they only can see what's on TV and in the political ads, they cannot see what's going on in the real world because big parts of that are kept off the TV. I see this as the core problem, the problem from which all the others stem in the US. As long as people will believe what they're told to believe (and too lazy to find out things on their own), then we shall forever be in the grips of those who control the TV, and in turn control the sheep, (what Lippmann calls "the Bewildered Herd"). Someone once said "the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing:"

With almost two thirds that don't care, how can the third who are willing to do the work of self education, how can we out vote the dumbed down masses that are lead by the ring in their nose called the TV, and led by talking to other neighbor sheep who have the same TV-ring in THEIR nose as well. As Sleep dirt eluded to it, and Stride said right it out, I too was interested in the results of the poll I took above. What prompted it was another poll I saw on line asking about Nancy Pelosi. More than half the respondents had not enough time to form an opinion about Nancy yet. What the ****, not enough time? How much time do they need? People are dying and we're paying through the nose for it, does the ice pick ALWAYS have to come first? For cryin' out loud, Pelosi's first corruption scandal broke 11 years ago, and most recently she took the end of the war off the table when she took both impeachment (her sworn duty), and defunding off the table. Half STILL haven't had enough time to figure it out?

Duhhhhhh...

I remember in 04 as the leading antiwar candidate who was going to announce withdrawel from Iraq, (yes, the war would have been over two years ago had we had the brains to all vote for him), (and withdrawel from NAFTA and WTO to bring the jobs back home- the sheep didn't want their jobs back either). But this candidate only had 3 million from private citizens, NO corporate PAC donations. He was crushed by the .6 BILLION dollar advertizing campaigns of the big assed corrupt, pro-war, pro PATRIOT Act, pro-outsourcing money candidates. The strategy was to put Kerry in because he said his additions of 2 more divisions into Iraq, and promising to stay in Iraq longer than a Bush administration (exact quotes), would "bring victory in the War on Terror." Excuse me, but rejecting someone who will end the war in favor of someone who will escalate the war in order to get rid of Bush does not seem like a good idea, I'd rather the war had ended in 2004, to hell with adding two more divisions, and to Hell with Victory in the so called "war on terror," that's for stupid TV people.

In discussions with dumbed down media sheep, I repeatedly asked one of them why a baby bombed by Democrat bombs is better than one bombed by Republican bombs...I got a lot of attacks, much diversion, much distraction and evasion, but I stayed on the question until I finally got an answer, and what was the brilliant answer from this pro-war, pro PATRIOT Act, pro outsourcing voter? It was something like this: 'You seem to imply that I have formed an opinion of Kerry and the war, which I haven't and I will not.' Though he was a pro-war voter, he used denial to convince himself that he was really voting anti-war, the denial was in his refusal to form an opinion about his candidate and the war.

Well I suppose a good enough answer for a dumbed down TV voter, but for me, the views of candidates and his opinions about the war rate very highly on MY list when I consider who to vote for President during wartime. I tend to form opinions about my candidates views on the war. I don't have a ring in my nose, I'll take the antiwar, anti PATRIOT Act, anti outsourcing candidate every time, regardless of how many sheep vote pro-war, pro-PATRIOT Act, and pro-outsourcing.

Propaganda is to democracy what a bludgeon is to a dictatorship.

In the US we can't control people's minds with a bludgeon, we must control people's minds with propaganda, and the strongest propaganda uses emotion and slogans, and by far the most effective emotion to use is fear. As to your question about "what is this strategy" Pedro1 (btw, nice to see ya back), http://www.quotes2u.com/histdocs/propaganda.htm .

I'm going right to the heart of the matter, and it is not Bush or Congress, or Ahmedinejad, it is the lazy Americans who don't know any better than to keep voting for the pro war, pro PATRIOT Act, pro-outsourcing, pro-elite candidates. That's right folks, keep the ice picks coming and don't touch that dial.

I wondered what the results of the poll would be. I too expected to see a more independent batch of folks on a Zappa forum, but the poll above shows that we have the same scale here on the forum as in the general American public, yes, we have some steadfast progressives here, but we also have our share of moral imbeciles as well.

From Howard Zinn's "Real Democracy Comes From Waking Up," it's a short and sweet little read:
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Zinn/Real_democracy_waking_up.html

"Today, sadly, our most cherished moment of democratic citizenship comes when we leave the house once in four years to choose between two mediocre Anglo-Saxon males who have been trundled out by big corporate and billionaire-run political caucuses, million-dollar primaries and managed conventions for the rigged presidential debate and multiple choice test we call a "democratic" election.

Presidents come and go, but the 200 top corporations keep increasing their almost complete control over our elections and the two major parties' candidates (with big corporations and billionaires funding 90 percent to 98 percent of both parties' budgets),"

The problem is not Bush or Congress, or Ahmedinejad, the problem is sheep who keep voting in the stewards of the rich, the top 1% that fund 98% of the .6 billion dollar elections. The sheep keep voting for them, fooled again and again, they can't even see the ice pick of unnecessary poverty that's sticking out of their heads. They'll outsource their own jobs, give up their civil rights, and pay through the nose to bomb little babys in other countrys just to vote for the rich. They'll even show how moral they are by loudly ridiculing anyone who doesn't mindlessly vote for the rich as they do.

Stupid is as stupid does.

As it says below, corporate voters don't go down fighting, they just go down...I would add, "and they drag the rest of the world down with them."

If we get people to stop voting for the money we'll solve most of our problems and turn this country into a prosperous one where all have plenty, but if we continue to give every last red cent to the rich, we'll always be putting up with all their bull****.

The choice, the power, as always, is ours.

Last edited by baddy on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
punknaynowned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote
baddy wrote:
Propaganda is to democracy what a bludgeon is to a dictatorship.

Macchiavelli would say we are a corrupt society, fixated on our distractions rather than protecting the well-spring of those freedoms that produce so many pleasurable distractions.

A great Funkadelic song from "America Eats It's Young", 1972 called "Everybody Is Going To Make It This Time" Wink
{G Clinton, B Worrell}

Our mothers and our fathers
They had lives to live
Oh, and today, is proof that mistakes were made
There's not a doubt in my heart
They've done the best that they know how
And there's still time for us to make a change

We got to learn from the mistakes that were made in the past
We got to clean, so that we can clean our minds
'Cause in order to get it together
We got to get our heads together
Everybody is going to make it this time (x2)

Our country and our cities, they have been betrayed for money
Ooooh, and somehow, the people, they will make a change, yeah
There's not a doubt in my mind
If hunger and anger place the blame
There won't be a country left to change

We got to see what we're doing in the name of comfort
We've got to see, we've got to feel the warning signs
But in order to get it together
We've got to get our heads together

We've got to learn from the mistakes
That were made in the past
We've got to clean, so that we can use our minds
But in order to get it together
We've got to get our heads together
(Everybody, make it, yeah whoa!)
Everybody is going to make it this time (x9)
(Got to make it, this time, whoaa! Wooo, woo, woo, hey!)

but it's the music that really makes it Crying or Very sad
I could email it but the ftp isn't goin today and I could only get it to ya in a m4a (iTunes) file, but it's worth it!
(I don't do requests . . .)
Studebaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

I certainly don't feel a lot safer with religious zealots like GWB having their fingers on the nuclear button...

No doubt, although I think I'd prefer to live in the US as opposed to Iran. Anyway, I mistrust pretty much all political and religious leaders.

Studebaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote
punknaynowned wrote:

The Iraq war also reminds me of another Funkadelic track called "March to the Witch's Castle", about soldiers returning from the battlefield after a senseless war, but being unable to adjust to normal life again.

MentalTossFlycoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
baddy wrote:

Check their DNA: they might be related...
baddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:

Check their DNA: they might be related...

Lol, he's got a couple of yes men going along with him too...
"Yup, it sure is dark way over there Mr. President."

And for his stupid relative with the camera in the other photo, man, that flash is a *****, huh?!

Last edited by baddy on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
king

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
"Yup, it sure is dark way over there Mr. President."

Hahaa... Mr. Green

It is frightening. There's a fair few people that I speak to occasionally around here who are very much against the Iraq war, but while they argue that the Iraq war was and is both unjustified and screwing the American public over (with regards to the economy and suspension of our civil liberties) they then continue to say that "we should be in Iran... because they're really dangerous." How they aren't drawing the obvious parallels between what they're being told about Ahmadinejad and what they were told about Saddam, I don't know.
Post new topic Reply to topic Zappa.com Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: