What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the groundhog see its shadow today?

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
Happy Groundhog Day!
Anyone know if the groundhog saw its shadow today?

nope.................i was ready for him this year................got my self all lined up and he never made it out of his hole before i sent a lil air mail package his way at mach 3 ..........iz cant stand anymore winter, lil SOB was not going to see his shadow :grin:

He did not see his shadow, so spring is coming! Time to end dormancy!

xvart.

Spring is coming, woohoo!!

:-O

Horray for ground hogs!

"Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:

El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.
Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.

Global warming has caused a great debate.
This mild winter makes it seem just great.

On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.
Will we have winter or will we have spring?

On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.
I predict that early spring is on the way."

Did you just say.... "Gobbler's Knob"?

Hobgoblin beer? Wha?

xvart.

Unfortunately for Rattler, about 1,000,000 other groundhogs were seeing their shadow while he was shooting one. But at least he had a warm breakfats.

yah mean i got the wrong one Bruce? dammit.................doc says i can only eat one a week......they is high in cholesteral :grin:

yea thats the official place of the Groundhog or something stupid like that... google it

Heck "Gobbler's Knob" is mild compared to some of the other Town names that I came across, while traveling in South Eastern PA, 2 years ago.
Look up Lancaster and head north on Hwy 30. Check out all the funny names around there.

Yep, PA is full of odd placenames, some of which can eaily misinterpreted!

Getting back to Punxatawney Phil, I'll bet if he were human, he woulda made a few nasty comments about the bitter cold out there. It may be an early spring, but there's still a lot of winter out there to get through.

Here's are 10 day forecast:

10-Day Forecast for
East Aurora, NY

Weather for your life

See Weather Related to...Aches & PainsAir Quality & PollutionAllergies & PollenBoat & BeachCold & FluFitness & ExerciseFlights & Business TravelGolf WeatherHealthHome ImprovementInterstate Driving ForecastLawn & GardenOutdoor RecreationPetsSchoolday WeatherSki ConditionsSkin ProtectionSporting EventsVacation & Travel GuideWedding Planner

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
Chance High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed
Today
Feb 3 Snow Shower / Wind
16°/5° 70%
16°F

Get the Latest Flu Reports
Sun
Feb 4 Snow Squalls
7°/3° 80%
7°F

Mon
Feb 5 Snow Shower / Wind
12°/7° 60%
12°F

Tue
Feb 6 Snow Shower / Wind
13°/9° 40%
13°F

Learn How Cold Affects Your Health
Wed
Feb 7 Snow Shower
16°/10° 40%
16°F

Thu
Feb 8 Snow Shower
21°/15° 40%
21°F

Fri
Feb 9 Snow Shower
22°/15° 40%
22°F

Protect Your Plants From the Cold
Sat
Feb 10 Snow Shower
22°/14° 40%
22°F

Sun
Feb 11 Partly Cloudy
26°/17° 20%
26°F

Mon
Feb 12 Snow Shower
27°/17° 40%
27°F

thats weak Jim...................throw a "-" infront of the numbers and yah have our forcast :grin:

While Buffalo is getting virtually nothing today, East Aurora to the SE is being pummeled with lake effect snow. So far ~2' has fallen and we have a driving ban.

Back