What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've come crawling back

Hey folks,
It's me swords under a new handle of Botaniac, I figured I must be a botanical maniac to give up plants and not be able to stay away for very long!

Actually it was a very good thing I got my plants into other hands because as soon as I'd given away my last orchids my dad had to have a heart surgery in early october and again in early january. Now he's doing really well and instead of nursing him I can go back to nursing some plants! I also am starting a new plant info website which is to be an online magazine or archive of grow info. The site is www.captivejungle.com

As far as sculpting goes my dads illness pretty much destroyed my inspiration so I haven't ben very prolific at all since "quitting plants".
I did finish two obscure DC comics villains:

Dominus
dominus6.jpg

Silver Banshee
silverbanshee1.jpg

Hopefully i won't irritate too many people with my return.

Too late, I'm irritated.

Welcome back.

Oh and that chick is sexy.

Sorry to hear about yer tribulations Bro, but REAL glad you "crawled back", I (and I'm sure many others) have missed yer presence :)
Hopefully we'll have some sweet Metal to discuss over the next years :D

Wow...Swords! I wondered what happened to you. Sorry to hear about your Dad but I'm glad he's doing better. It will take awhile to get used to the new name. You are...Swords. lol

At any rate, I'm glad you are back to the plants. You ought to know by now you can't give up CPs. Everyone always comes back. :banana2:

Welcome back! Glad your dad is doing well!

I'm glad your dad is doing well also. Good job on the sculptures, wow that chickie has big boobies :oops:

Your sculptures are, as usual, exemplary. However, I seriously doubt you crawled back. You just don't seem to be the crawling type! I believe you walked into it, eyes wide open, sidetracked, and again walked back, eyes wide open.

Welocme back. Is your name Josh? The one sculpture, (referred to by Ozzy), reminds me of the picture that the UnknownClown had in her avatar. Scary!

Welcome back. You are not the first to return back, nor will you be the last. I myself has had a rather cyclic nature with my terraforums participation, with intense periods followed by a long slow lag phase in which i visit rarely. There is something about this place that keeps many of us from leaving permanently. We keep coming back. Im glad to see the hook has sunk into you too.

There is something about this place that keeps many of us from leaving permanently. We keep coming back.

• I think it's 0zzy :-D

Welcome back bro. Would you like me to combine your old user name with the new one? That will give you all the post counts and such of the old name, and change all your old posts to show them posted under your new name. it's up to you. Welcome back again!
Andrew

Swords!! Wondered what had happened to you! We've missed your sculptures and CP wisdom. :hail:

Seriously, Welcome back!

Thanks for the kind greetings folks!

I've really missed tending my plants and visiting with people around here who care to hear about plants. After my dad made it through the valve replacement surgery and has done amazingly well I decided to relax myself by going to the the annual orchid show and well, the plant mania was back! I never got rid of my equiptment so all I had to do was plug back in and pull my books out of storage.

I never did get a followup email about those N. edwardsiana seedlings that were being talked about last time I was around. Did anyone from this board ever get one? SInce I'm going to "keep myself under control" this time I only wanna have the plants I must have (of course that changes depending upon what plant book I'm reading). But I want to keep my next highland chamber to about 5 must have highland Nepenthes the rest will be orchids, ferns and other cool stuff. I "might" even do a natralistic setting with the bigger plants in baskets that can be pulled out for maintenence.

Andy if you can reactivate my swords name that would be real sweet just lemme know how we might go about doing that. I don't care about post counts or any of that but I'm swords on other boards too so it's easier to "find myself"! :)

I've come crawling back.

SWORDS IS BACK!!! :-D

(insert fanfare music complete with drum roll)

(cymbals crash!!!!!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Heeeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaack! Now THAT looks normal! :D

:woot:

SWORDS! Welcome back!

Glad to hear your father is recovering. That's great. Heart surgery is no joke.

Back