What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crochet "Venus Fly Trap"

krochetnkat

The Yarn Nerd aka VFT Gal
I have mentioned that I was gonna do this, and I actually finished it last night and have just been thinking about how to embellish it. Since that is taking me so long I thought I would post it :)

http://katcrochet.spaces.live.com/

It's the first entry. :)

Aww!

OMG that is amazing! Very very good job! :banana2:

Eep! I just realized the mountain of fabric in the background. hahahah Looks like I have a really messy house.

I wish I had a better picture. the camera I used is this crappy little $9 digital camera hahahah. Maybe the plants will be my excuse to get a better one. It is a real pretty green in RL :) Just have not decided if I am gonna put eyes on it like I did the daisy or not hahaha:banana2:

Cool, How much are they?

Hahaha I haven't even finished this one yet. Sometimes I sell my stuff but I don't mass produce... I can let you know if I make one to sell. I DID write the pattern if you know someone who crochets. It would be a very simple pattern and I would just GIVE that to you when I get it all typed up.

Haha, that's really neat. How long did it take to make that?

xvart.

Well... I finished most of it watching Prison Break 2 days ago... then it took 30 mins to do the leaves. I guess not quite two hours.... but... I crochet pretty fast and this time also includes writing the pattern. In other words... A lot of words to say not long at all :p

It's not done tho, like I said, I still wanna embellish it... I am deciding on eyes and I promise I wont put a big bow on it's head like I do a lot of the stuff I make hahahah I will leave it with some dignity.

I will publish the crochet pattern within a week or so and will write up a brief about the plant and give some resources. My way of educating those who would not normally get this knowledge.

Reeeaaaally cute! :D Nice job too.

Maybe in the future we could talk you into donating one to NASC (North American Sarracenia Conservancy) for the auction. :rolleyes:

Maybe in the future we could talk you into donating one to NASC (North American Sarracenia Conservancy) for the auction. :rolleyes:

No problem. I would definately have no problem making one for the NASC :) The second always looks better than the first too :p

Maybe she can crochet an Sarracenia 'Adrian Slack' for the auction :-O

Maybe she can crochet an Sarracenia 'Adrian Slack' for the auction :-O

It shouldn't be too difficult :) I am not the best at doing lifelike work but, actually, I was thinking about trying my hand at a Serracenia :p

I think you should add eyes to the VFT, it would be even cuter then....I think :blush:

I think you should add eyes to the VFT, it would be even cuter then....I think :blush:

Hehehe I was gonna do that. I just need to figure out how to do the eyes. I have another little crochet flower "daisy" that has eyes and a bow and thought I Would just add this one to the collection... I have went through 6 designs of eyes and can't get the results I want, so I will keep trying.

TEETH!

and blood and some prey..

aww man.. that would be magnificent!

and baby vft buds... too!

you should have put some information on how to grow them or at least a link to the terraforums! ;-)

I would say no eyes but with teeth, like Audrey II

you should have put some information on how to grow them or at least a link to the terraforums! ;-)

In the pattern, which I distribute for free, I will put a little informational piece about VFTs :)

Oh cool. My Mom crochets a lot, and perhaps if you get a pattern down I can give it to her. I smell possible Christmas gift... :)

Yes TEETH!! And also a fly to place in his mouth, ok get to it Kat....J/K ;)

Last edited:
Back