What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hedgehog shots

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
Wow! sorry I'm so late, but she's sooooo cute!!!
I saw one at the petstore once and I thought that it was one of the coolest animals that I've ever seen.

How is she sometimes mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
uhhhg... so are you going to breed her?
Why did you say uhhhg?

That is a good question indeed!
why?

and also wouldn't it seem logical for hedghogs to lay eggs when they go 'In Heat' like how birds do?

Dave, when she's mean she hisses and "growls"

Hedgehogs do not lay eggs...Echidnas do.

oh
sorry
they look the same to me.
sorry

Not to me. Echidnas are way cooler (and bigger!)

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

wow.
she looks like a little wanderer

a full beard allready?

lol That changes my veiw of you! ;-)

I said uhhg cause i got a visual of hedg sex, and thank god im not a hedg.

Umm.. that's my dad lol. I can't even grow a soul patch ???

Lol, poking.

LOL poking, good choice of words :p I was gonna say I hope that's not you JLAP cause you are young, so I hoped you didn't have grey hairs already :p

OK folks. I think we've been down this path a number of times before. These topics aren't meant to be used as chat rooms. If you want to discuss Pippi, her pics, her care, ask JLAP questions about her, that's fine. But please cut out this type of posting:

Why did you say uhhhg?

Do you really think this comment is worthy of a post for entire the membership to read? If you want to ask Nep AK why he said "uhhhg"...either IM him or PM him and ask if its really that important. Comments like this are not a good use of this forum space.

Nor is...

a full beard allready?

Umm.. that's my dad lol. I can't even grow a soul patch

lol I know... just poking

Lol, poking.

LOL poking, good choice of words :p I was gonna say I hope that's not you JLAP cause you are young, so I hoped you didn't have grey hairs already :p

This comment is not directed at just y'all. Others do it too. I've had comments made to me regarding the inaneness of some of the posts around here. Its noticeable enough to bring negative comments to the moderators.

So...ONCE AGAIN...if you want to make idle chatter with some friends...that's fine. Just don't do it in a TOPIC. Post in a TOPIC to discuss the TOPIC.

*I do not mind some joking around, teasing and little off topic* BUT don't carry on back-and-forth conversations.

OK...that's done.

On to the topic at hand. She's just cute as a bug! Is she fun to play with and if so, how?

Shhh we don't want to anger Pak, the goddess of moderation :) Just kidding PAK and you know I love you :-D

Hmm... fun? Well, she's cute but she doesn't really do anything lol. She liked to get on her wheel at night for like 5 hours and I've gotten used to it. She'll take a break to eat her catfood lol .She always tries to go to sleep under my shin or behind my neck or under my arm and that's fine with me, but when she decided to back out it hurts like hell. Lol, seriously those things hurt really bad . One time I dropped her into my dad's hands (well not really dropped but you know) and it broke his skin and a drop of blood came out :(

Lol, she sheds them periodically like hair and it really hurts to step on one.

She liked to get on her wheel at night for like 5 hours and I've gotten used to it.

I once read a little experiment about hamster wheels and how this guy created a setup that logged how many revolutions his hamster made on the wheel at night which was recorded into a computer. He then calculated how many miles were ran both one direction and the other. I can't remember exactly what the total was (and I can't find the same webpage now) but I believe it was like 5 miles one direction and 1 mile in the opposite direction! Talk about energy to burn.

She'll take a break to eat her catfood lol .

Is this a typical hedgehog diet?

xvart.

Auctually on the hedgehog forums they say most hedgehog foods suck so they feed them catfood.

Once I bought the special food for hedgehogs and she wouldn't eat it.

And how did you determine cat food was a good alternative? Someone on the forum suggested it? Blind luck?

Regardless, that is really interesting. We work so hard to develop such specific things for our pets and ourselves; then, all we really want is plain and simple cat food.

xvart.

Just kidding PAK and you know I love you :-D

Uh...yeah. lol :p

So...if you sleep with her...she doesn't poo in your bed?? She is really cute. I don't know about those spines though...

Lol Xvart, I use Iams kitten brand. I just got the highest protein/lowest fat food I could find. Hedgehog's are really prone to obesity in captivity.

Pak, She poops and pees at ever given opportunity lmao. No way would I sleep with her (I never though i'd be talking about sleeping with a hedgehog lol). Besides I'd roll on her and kill her lol.

Really most of the time her quills are laid flat and she'll let you pet her and kiss her all over lol. She only erects them when she gets scared :( Like if someone walks by or turns on a light switch.

Back