What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh so tired!

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I'm slowing trying to wean myself off of my meds. Last night was the first night I didn't take my meds at all before bed....hence that is why it is 4:30AM and I am wide awake. I've been on my meds for the past 9 years so this is very hard on me. I can't sleep, I'm miserable, lol. I went to bed at 11:30PM last night and I've gotten an hour of sleep. My meds always knocked me out half an hour after I took them, now I've been tossing and turning and staring at the ceiling. Jeff is asleep, Taylee is asleep, I want to be asleep too :( The gliders however are not asleep. Looks like I may become nocturnal :glare:

I'm slowing trying to wean myself off of my meds. Last night was the first night I didn't take my meds at all before bed....hence that is why it is 4:30AM and I am wide awake. I've been on my meds for the past 9 years so this is very hard on me. I can't sleep, I'm miserable, lol. I went to bed at 11:30PM last night and I've gotten an hour of sleep. My meds always knocked me out half an hour after I took them, now I've been tossing and turning and staring at the ceiling. Jeff is asleep, Taylee is asleep, I want to be asleep too :( The gliders however are not asleep. Looks like I may become nocturnal :glare:

I'm sorry :(

I am an insomniac, major time, so I know how hard it is. We have tried EVERYTHING to get me on a regular schedule. I should have logged in earlier! It is 6 now, but I have been runing aroud for the last hour!! Could have kept you company.

Oh, and while I know you wanna correct it :p I have a tidbt of information that I read on the BBC. Insomniacs live longer than those that get 8 + hours a day of sleep. hahahaha

Last edited:
Thanks for the thought Kat, I would have loved to talk with you. Maybe tonight, lol. I got back into bed at 5:30 and fell asleep until 9AM so I'm not as tired anymore. Well if that's a true tidbit, then Jeff is going to live a loooong time :p He can never get more than 5 hours of sleep. Me, I NEED at least 8 hours.

I'm sorry you can't sleep, I hope soon you will be able to find a cure
:sleepy: :sleep:

I'm sorry you can't sleep, I hope soon you will be able to find a cure
:sleepy: :sleep:

Hehehe it is quite alright. I find that those hours produce more CREATIVE energy. You would be amazed what has come forth from a sleepless night... and if nothing else... it gives me PLENTY of time to clean house!

I can't meditate or astral project if i'm too sleepy :( The last three nights in a row i've fallen asleep :(

Want to share some of your sleepiness with me? :0o:

Well I drink a lot of those energy drinks so I crash lol.

Eat some turkey and drink some chamomile tea.

We're already having ribs tonight, maybe turkey tomorrow :)

no turkey won't do anything that any other meat won't.

Tryptophan is the chemical in turkey that's supposed to make you sleepy, and, by itself it does. However, whenever tryptophan is ingested with a full stomach(or a stomach containing food, particularly meat...for whatever reason) it nullifys the chemical. Did some research on sleep for a speech awhile ago...ok, I'll stop now:blush:

Back