What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

interesting note on miles driven..........

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
this basic discussion started else where but just got back from lunch and looked at the odometer and such at the truck.....................

the newspaper purchased a 2006 Chevy 1/2 ton truck in September(getting close to 5 months ago) in this time i have managed to put on a lil over 11,800 miles................according to the computer in the thing ive done this in approximatly 380 hours............so yah figure the 380 hours includes the 15-20 minutes of idling it has done most mornings for most of the last 2 and a half months that allows it to warm up and make my less than a mile drive to work(a 3-4 minute drive depending on the stop light) comfortable :grin:

funny thing is this doesnt include any of the miles put on our 2003 Chevy Impala or my 1995 Jeep Cherokee.................i spend way to much time driving :grin:

this basic discussion started else where but just got back from lunch and looked at the odometer and such at the truck.....................

the newspaper purchased a 2006 Chevy 1/2 ton truck in September(getting close to 5 months ago) in this time i have managed to put on a lil over 11,800 miles................according to the computer in the thing ive done this in approximatly 380 hours............so yah figure the 380 hours includes the 15-20 minutes of idling it has done most mornings for most of the last 2 and a half months that allows it to warm up and make my less than a mile drive to work(a 3-4 minute drive depending on the stop light) comfortable :grin:

funny thing is this doesnt include any of the miles put on our 2003 Chevy Impala or my 1995 Jeep Cherokee.................i spend way to much time driving :grin:

EEP! That is a lot. :p I have a great respect for people that drive for their jobs. Don't get me wrong... I love the occasional cross country jog but... OMG when I get out of the car/truck/van whatever they rent... I cant feel my bum for three days. Prefer drive than FLY tho. *Grumble*

i drive maybe 130 miles a week for my job...............most of the above is personal miles as being that my wife is Publisher the truck is also her personal vehicle............i put on more miles for work in the summer due to the fact the reporters we hire are usually from out of state and dont know the backroads to get to various fires for pictures so i get sent out......some of these are 70-80 miles round trip, alot of times mostly on gravel roads and sometimes old "jeep trails"........dont want the poor new guys and gals getting lost and winding up in Canada :grin:

i drive maybe 130 miles a week for my job...............most of the above is personal miles as being that my wife is Publisher the truck is also her personal vehicle............i put on more miles for work in the summer due to the fact the reporters we hire are usually from out of state and dont know the backroads to get to various fires for pictures so i get sent out......some of these are 70-80 miles round trip, alot of times mostly on gravel roads and sometimes old "jeep trails"........dont want the poor new guys and gals getting lost and winding up in Canada :grin:

Actually that sounds interesting :) Still think the ol' bum would be hurting tho. Then again... the last flight I took I was so cramped in there that my bum hurt worse than it did driving all the way from Denver to Virginia... I COULDNT SIT! waaaa(and I didn't think THAT was possible!) More leg room.. BAH! Even the flight attendant was feeling sorry for me and I KNOW I am short compared to some. (and those stupid lights in the center... they need to have signs saying watch your head hahahaha)

Back