What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a new supermarket opened here in town

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
A new supermarket opened here in town. It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.

When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and experience the scent of fresh hay.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle, and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The veggie department features the smell of fresh buttered corn.

I don't buy toilet paper there any more.

I've heard the thunder sounds by the produce misters before; but, I've never seen any of those other "creative tools." I wonder if things like that actually increase sales. I would just feel silly.

xvart.

our Kroger has the mister with the thunder. once it did have lights blinking for lightning. never saw anything else though. that sounds like a little overdone rattler...
Alex

Ha ha ha. It isn't so convincing when posted by someone in Wolf Point, MT. Are there really stores with thunder sounds?

Ha ha ha. It isn't so convincing when posted by someone in Wolf Point, MT.

LOL we had two grocery stores up untill about 5 years ago.................the current one either needs to expand or a second one needs to come in again, problem with the last one is it was neither large and could compete head to head with the current one nor was it small enough to be a mom and pop type store................i would be in heaven if we could just get a good deli in here

Back