What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEDs have arrived "parallel wiring" question

Hey folks,

My wacky techno LED lights have arrived, they are brighter than the photos in their ad looked, just weird colors! Looks like red and blue traffic lights but way brighter.

Here''s some pics of the bulbs in the bases the seller sent with them:

Top 160 something LEDs 4.5" wide
led1.jpg

Side 5.5" high
led2.jpg

Bottom this is how I intend to wire it all together but I'm not sure if this is correct. I sent this same JPG to the seller but haven't yet heard back if this is what he means by "wiring in parallel" any of you know if this is right?
led4.jpg

Thanks for any thoughts! :)

yep, that is parallel.... a fuse or a switch is an example of something wired in series

Av

I have a question.
What are their voltage?

i bet the individual LED's are wired in series or combination circuits with some type of rectifier circuit, be interesting to see how they have done it

Hey folks,

Thanks for the confirmation on wiring!

Their voltage is 120, they're fitted to work with plain old E27 household lamp screw in sockets so you could use them with track lighting, clamp lamps or individual bases. These ones are made by Thermodyne there's lots of technical info here at their site: www.gro-tek.com actually the only site with very much info on these LED lamps at all. I got my bulbs from them off ebay, it was cheaper! Prebuilt LED lamp prices are crazy and usually don't have very many actual LEDs on each bulb and do not seem bright enough, these ones shoot a beam of light like a red or blue light cannon.

I'm just gonna build a lamp hood for my highland chamber and mount these inside. Once I add the UV reptile light that will come on twice a day it'll be like growing plants in a dance club! :)

Back