What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kentucky's Invasive Weed Awareness Week

February 27: Volunteer day at Cove Spring in Frankfort
The Kentucky State Nature Preserves Commission and the City of Frankfort celebrate Invasive Weed Awareness Week at Cove Spring! Join us for a few hours to remove the bush honeysuckle, privet and winter creeper that are impacting the habitat of our native plants and animals. Plan on meeting in the Cove Spring parking lot at 12:30 and working until 4:00. Tools will be provided. If you are interested or need directions, please contact Alice Mandt at alice.mandt@ky.gov or (502) 573-2886.

For more information:
http://www.naturepreserves.ky.gov/N...-99FA-0F4334B460B0/0/WeedWeekProclamation.pdf

Cheers'
Av

Ah, man wish I could go but I'm all the way on the west coast. I encourage everyone else to go though. Nothing beats pullin' out invasive species with your pals. last years I got my school service learning hours in by pulling ivy at a park. It's actually pretty fun. You get to be outside and get all muddy. Definatley my kind of volunteer work. Hope at least a few people sign up.

Does this come before or after STD awareness week?

Just kidding, it's a fine idea.

Winter creeper sounds like the spooky old man down the street.

sounds cool! but i cant go. its a tuesday and i have school :( i live just a little while away in louisville so i would come if i could...that would also mean getting a car :p. just wondering where at do you live in kentucky Av8or?
Alex

Glider,

I have a small farm outside of London... S.E. part of the state, where the men are men and the livestock is scared :p

Im in Louisville some.... usually like going to "Stevie Ray's" for some live blues and magaritias....and Ill be up there for the "Celtic Women" concert in April

Av

Back