What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what to do in Orlando, FL?

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
ive got a more or less all expence paid trip to Orlando next September..............the shop is picking up air fair, hotels and some attraction tickets.....................what do you guys suggest i take in for the ~5 days im down there?

GatorLand Zoo!!!! & SeaWorld's Shark Encounter & definitely the SkySwing. And maybe that huge Orange along the strip...

...Disney world!

Definitely visit Disney World. It will be VERY overwhelming, but extremely fun!

Definitely visit Disney World. It will be VERY overwhelming, but extremely fun!

The Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster (edit: at Disney World) is awesome if you like those types of rides. I rode it so many times while I was there. If I remember correctly, there was someone who had a heart attack or something while on the ride, so I'm not sure if it is still open or not. If it is, and your body can take it, it's worth it!

xvart.

Universal Studios is here too. You can come see me and my wacky gliders! :-D

The skyswing is over-rated. September is a good time to come to Orlando. School has started and most of the tourists have gone. The weather should have cooled down to the low 90's. Gatorland is good for a half day of entertainment. Sea World and Busch Gardens are nice. I try to avoid DisneyWorld (too forced "happy" for my tastes). Visiting Trapper and her mother-in-law might be fun. If you want I can get you some brochures on local attractions. I suppose it depends on what attractions they get you tickets for and what you have to do on your own - or how far you want to travel when you get here.
P.S. the roads here are all flat there are no mountains....or snow.

P.S. the roads here are all flat there are no mountains....or snow.

sounds boring...................you aint lived till yah played NASCAR down an icy mountain pass :grin:

Visiting Trapper and her mother-in-law might be fun.

Hahaha! :-))

Hey rattler, Jeff and I will put on a "fake" murder show for you.

P.S- Incase you're wondering, Jeff's mom will be the victim.

There is only one thing to do in Orlando. Rent a car and drive to NC so I can shjow you the green swamp. What can be better than seeing 20 cp's in the wild in one place?

The Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster (edit: at Disney World) is awesome if you like those types of rides. I rode it so many times while I was there. If I remember correctly, there was someone who had a heart attack or something while on the ride, so I'm not sure if it is still open or not. If it is, and your body can take it, it's worth it!

xvart.

actually I think there was someone who DIED on a ride at disney world...but it wasn't the rockin' roller coaster. It was this space flight simulator that puts you on this giant centrifuge thingy and makes you actually weightless/experience G forces as they simulate you going to mars. I went on it during spring break last year...really, really, really cool.

they also have a building at Epcot called...what was it...The Soil or something like that. Basically it's home to a big laboratory where they do experiments with food crops..trying to make bigger vegetables, things like that. It's really fascinating stuff. Plus in that building they have a little CP display!
edit: not REAL CPs...don't want to mislead you there. more like a little table with pictures of CPs and "did you know? some plants eat BUGS!" Still, the fact that they acknowledge CPs is pretty cool, imo.

actually I think there was someone who DIED on a ride at disney world...but it wasn't the rockin' roller coaster.

Yes, this is true; but, I'm positive something happend on the roller coaster, too. That ride Emily is talking about is awesome, too.

xvart.

There is only one thing to do in Orlando. Rent a car and drive to NC so I can shjow you the green swamp. What can be better than seeing 20 cp's in the wild in one place?

I'll tell you what can be better. Stopping in Atl on the way and seeing my entire collection and then heading over to ABG for a while.

Of course that would hinge on me still being here in September...

lol actually i was thinking dependign how long we are actually there i might think about renting a car and shooting up your way :grin: not sure how much the wife would like that idea though

There are lots of CP sites near Orlando. You can see S.monor, Pings, Drosera, and Utrics. That's what I would do.

You don't need to go anywhere else. Florida is where most CP grow in the U.S.

That may be Manny but you can't see most of the Orchidioides Utrics in FL while you can at my place :p

That may be Manny but you can't see most of the Orchidioides Utrics in FL while you can at my place :p

very true..........................you switch the media on that humboldtii yet?.................im hauling mine upstairs this weekend........bet it blooms with in a month :grin:

Perhaps. But a stand of Sarracenia is a sight hard to compete with. A field full of leucos and flavas is breathtaking.

No, I have not switched that humbo up yet. Been busy doing other things. Maybe this weekend (and then again maybe not)

You are correct Manny, I bet little beats a field of leucos.

Back