What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing with a coolpix 4100

Hey,

been taking some up close shots with this camera.

Its pretty awesome, heres some photos:
capeflower.jpg

burclose.jpg

paradoxa01.jpg

My only complaint(and its really not that serious) is that when viewed in full resolution, all my pics have this little 4 pixel white square in the same spot(you can even see it in the above pic).

camimperfection.jpg

Is this just an imperfection with the camera or what? You can't really notice it on the sized down pics if you don't know its there but it bugs me just a little. :p

You probably have dead pixels on the CCD or whatever that camera is using. Exchange it out on warranty or take the camera back to the store.

If I were you, I'd be concerned about that white square. That means you have dead pixels somewhere. If its consistently always there in the same place...and its a new camera...I'd contact the company. Totally unacceptable for a new camera.

NICE pics though. :)

Well its not a new camera, but its been barely used since it was bought a year or two back(it was new when it was purchased).

Don't know how long the warrenty lasts but I know we did have it.

-----------

Just checked and we only had a 1 year warrenty. Guess its not that big of a deal but every time I see that little white square its going to annoy me. :p

Great pics! Oh man that dot would annoy me! Too bad about the warranty!

"it was bought a year or two back(it was new when it was purchased)."

Lol, it was new when it was purchased?

Yeah, I know.. crappy sentence structure.

What I was trying to say was that I didn't buy it used. :p

Something like that would drive me absolutely nuts. A speck of dirt or dust in my old film SLR viewfinder drives me to distraction as it is. Fortunately I can clean those.

There maybe a noise filter mode on the camera that may remove the spot, but then it may remove real info too.

You can always use Photoshop or some other image editor to edit it out, but what a RPITA!

Back