What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You guys are the first to see! PICS!

Yup you're right quadcam :)

Are you ready?!?!

Who wants to see the CUTEST baby glider in the world?? Scubee decided to come out of her mommy's pouch a little early, but we already put her back in and she's fine :) Here she is!

She's crying in this first pic, isn't she sweet!

Scubee035.jpg

Scubee034.jpg

Scubee025.jpg

I find it really hard to believe that 21 people have looked at this thread since I put up these new pics and not one person has commented, lol.

Very cute. What a proud mother you must be. Any reason why he might have come out early?

xvart.

How do you keep gliders? :0o:

Awesome!!

I love it!

First pic is cute. But...I'm with Finch. lol That tail looks like a worm.

She looks reaaaaaaaally fragile. I'd be scared to handle anything that tiny and undeveloped. :-/

I'm glad they are both doing well though. :)

xvart- 70 days is just appox. how much time they are in the pouch after they are born, but she can come out anywhere between 60-70 days, she came out at exactly 60 days. I just had my mind set on 70 days EXACTLY, so really she's not early at all, she was ready :) She' back in the pouch now and the mom will still try to shove her back in which is totally normal :)

Cindy- In a large cage and a special diet. I'm not quite sure what you do and don't know about then so you'll have to be more specific, lol.

PAK- Her tail will of course eventually get fur on it and it will be nice and bushy :-D She IS very fragile but I don't handle her a lot, just for a couple of minutes right now, I don't want to upset momma ;) Now is when the dad comes into play. He will be seen carrying the baby on his back while the mom is sleeping/getting food :)

I'm glad you guys like her, she is just awesome. She sure does have a set of lungs on her! Man can she cry! LOL.

wow... its about as bad as ababy bird...
in a good way of course! Congratulations.

Here are some new pics. Scubee today at 4 days OOP (out of pouch)

Scubee045.jpg

Scubee046.jpg

Scubee047.jpg

i thought it looked like a male! but its female. its so cute!!
Alex

Should you be taking the poor thing out of the pouch so frequently?

-Ben

-Ben

helps with the bonding process :) wow! is that crabbing or crying?
Alex

Hah! That's really adorable. :)

-Ben

Glider is right. It helps with the bonding process. You have to play with your glider everyday and interact with it or else it becomes very wild and aggressive. It will be easier for the joey to recognize me later when she's older because I have been holding her twice a day for 5 minutes, now she knows my scent and voice.

She's crying Glider14 :)

Here is a video but it's the audio that I want you to hear. This is the mom glider singing to her joey. The mom lays on her back with her joey on her belly (in or out of the pouch) and she shakes her legs very quickly and starts to sing to her joey. It's like a human mom sitting in a rocking chair while nursing. A lot of people have thought that their glider mom was having a seizure because she shakes her legs so fast, but she's just "rocking" her joey :) Not a lot of people know what this sounds like, so I'm glad I have it on video.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m237/pillowshade/?action=view&current=Scubee024.flv

Aww that's cute!

It's amazing how they are related to kangaroos... and of course the noble Wombat.

Hmmm, I wonder if kangaroo's or other marsupials do that.

Really neat.

That's a good question nep_ak!

I have good news! Scubee is doing really well :) I noticed that the tip of her tail is white. There are many different colored gliders and a white tipped glider is one of them. They are not rare but not that common either. If the white is still there when she's 5 weeks old then I for sure have a white tipped glider! Here is a link so you can see all the different color variations:
http://www.toandfrogliders.com/FileHierarchy/MeetTheFamily/Color Variations.htm

Back