What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

completely freaked out

Presto

wicked good plants!
Staff member
sorry if this gets long and rambly, I'm just so scared to death right now.

I was on my way home from a frisbee tournament in new hampshire. Running all day in three inches of snow really works up an appetite. So I stopped at McDonald's. I was parked in a fairly dark section of the lot, and I was sitting in my car making sure I had enough cash on me. Suddenly this guy walks up to my car and knocks on the passenger's side window. He looked like he was 30ish.

"Can I help you?" I asked. He just waved hello and stood there. I asked him what he wanted. He just kinda waved again and asked, "Are you gonna lock the doors?" I said, "Yes." (that door was already locked.) Then he started to walk around to my door, and I quickly locked it. He kinda backed off and put his hands up, like to say "I'm not gonna hurt you." I just sat there. (In retrospect I should've blasted my horn.) He asked, "Do you wanna talk about it?" I said, "Talk about what?" and shook my head no. Then his friend started to walk over from the bank next door (which had all its lights out and looked closed). And the guy by my car said "Hey, let's go to McDonald's, she doesn't want to talk about it." They walked into the restaurant and I drove the heck outta there.

I guess I shoulda known better than to go to McDonald's, hm? :-( I can't stop shaking..

Whoa that's creepy! Sorry that happened to you :(

OMG, that's scary. It's weird because you would think that if they were gonna do something, they would have been more aggressive...something still doesn't sound quite right about those guys though...Maybe they were drunk or something. Thats scary though, you must be pretty freaked out. I'm glad you'r all right.

edit-Trapper, I love you'r new avatar, it's so cute!!!

Gotta love fast food places late at night! :)
We used to go to punk house parties in minneapolis (usually a hundred punks and at least one live band playin in a basement (or until the cops show up) afterwards we always went to White Castle for bad cheeseburgers before walking to whoevers home we're sleeping at that night. We'd always get hassled by crackheads and drug dealers and trashy hookers there, never a easy meal but after a while it was as much fun as the bands seeing what kinda crazies would show up while we ate!
'Couse, we always had 3 or more of us, it's bad when youre alone! Glad you made it ok!

That would scare the crap outta me, especially if they ask if I'm gonna lock the doors.

Once my dad parked into this underground parking thing, and this cop walked up to him, and said, "Are you....the contact?"

Lol.

-Ben

glad you're okay, and that you had sense to lock your doors.

bet you'll never forget to be aware of your surroundings, which is a good thing.sorry that happened though.

:-(

I wanna go to a punk party.....

and i live to rural to worry about hookers crack heads and those sorts

i have to worry about drunk hicks.

thanks guys. yeah he was probably drunk or something. so weird.

What was he asking "Do you wanna talk about it?" Seemed like he was talking to you like you already knew what he was talking about.

I wonder if he thought (in his drunken haze) that he knew you?

That is WEIRD.

Don't know how scared I would have been (well, until several "friends" made their way over) - I can handle one guy, but I sure would be confused.

sorry if this gets long and rambly, I'm just so scared to death right now.

I was on my way home from a frisbee tournament in new hampshire. Running all day in three inches of snow really works up an appetite. So I stopped at McDonald's. I was parked in a fairly dark section of the lot, and I was sitting in my car making sure I had enough cash on me. Suddenly this guy walks up to my car and knocks on the passenger's side window. He looked like he was 30ish.

"Can I help you?" I asked. He just waved hello and stood there. I asked him what he wanted. He just kinda waved again and asked, "Are you gonna lock the doors?" I said, "Yes." (that door was already locked.) Then he started to walk around to my door, and I quickly locked it. He kinda backed off and put his hands up, like to say "I'm not gonna hurt you." I just sat there. (In retrospect I should've blasted my horn.) He asked, "Do you wanna talk about it?" I said, "Talk about what?" and shook my head no. Then his friend started to walk over from the bank next door (which had all its lights out and looked closed). And the guy by my car said "Hey, let's go to McDonald's, she doesn't want to talk about it." They walked into the restaurant and I drove the heck outta there.

I guess I shoulda known better than to go to McDonald's, hm? :-( I can't stop shaking..

ROFL Lol Omg that is making me laugh so hard right now.

It's just the funniest thing ever, eh?

You did well and I'm sure the door will already be locked and you'll drive away even faster if anything like that ever happens again. Which, of course, is extremely unlikely. Whether they were a real threat or not, you passed the test.

My brother-in-law, who works construction and works out religiously, was mugged without a fight years ago. Someone at work, whose only exercise might be walking from the TV to the fridge, was mugged a couple months ago and, after they knocked him down, he pulled out a heavy flashlight and landed some blows before the guys ran off.

No one can know how they'll respond until they've been in such a situation. I never have been. People can be trained in martial arts or be carrying a gun, but until they're threatened, the can't know how they'll defend themselves. It just isn't in the nature of most of us to hurt someone else. That's what distinguishes the great criminals, capitalists and middle linebackers. They like to hurt people.

Wow lol. One time a homeless dude tried to come up and open my door on the car.

Just glad you're alright! You never know if you're dealing with a creep or a panhandler or a person who truly needs a little money to make a phone call or.....

Back