What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pookie gets a makeover

• Thread starter bugfreak
  • Start date
hello. as some know, i have a strange obsession with the new beetle. mine's name is pookie. well, a couple weeks ago, my retarded self ran along the garage wall with my poor car.

IM000800.jpg

well, black has always been my 2nd least favorite color on the bug and it didn't cost much more to get the whole car painted.... ladies and gentlemen, the new pookie:

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

whadaya think?

here's what pookie used to look like
IM000334_smaller.jpg

I liked the black better, but its all up to you its youre car

pookie is pookie.. no matter what

Looks good,what color is it?Is it a original VW color?

Jerry

POOK-E

Lol.

Looks nice.

-Ben

def not oem color. i dunno what it is exactly. some kind of sparkly blue.

POOKIE! my favorite little VW!
Alex

I like it! :-D

looks cool!

so what's your first least favorite color?

Now that you improved the color only thing left to improve it is to change it from a vw to anything else.

Lol, it took me 5 tried to understand that ozzy lol

I LOVE beetles! Looks great!

Now that it isn't black, the interior won't be able to heat up to 180 in the hot Texas sun anymore. You'll be lucky to reach 150 with that shade of blue. Sad. People really need to consider all the consequences of their actions.

looks good! did they do the door jambs and engine compartment too? did you get an extra pint of unreduced paint incase you need a little touch up down the line?

i'm glad to see that you didn't paint the wheels either!\

peace,
tech...

Now that you improved the color only thing left to improve it is to change it from a vw to anything else.

ha ha. it's okay to have a vw as long as you have a good friend who's a vw mechanic. otherwise, it's not advisable unless you have a new one that's fully under warranty and plan to ditch it in a couple years.

yes, my car is indeed a bit of a heap, but luckily our buddy works on vw's. sometimes i get jealous cause pookie tries to see him and i'm like, hey! he's my friend!!! back off, poo-kie!!! quit being a pos! but yet, i still love my car very much. (stupid googly-eyed looking bug!) anyway i only owe $600 more on it and i'm glad i didn't trade it in. i nearly bought a MazdaSpeed3 a couple months ago. i want bothm though and i came to the conclusion that i'm not buying a car for at least another year cause we aren't rich- gonna purchase our first house this year some time. (i've got a back up transmission in my garage, too that's almost brand new)

anyway, ozzy you suck. but i know you already know that. tech, they did get the door jambs and thanks for the props.

now we need to paint this one- ladies and gents, i present the ugly turbo miata:
IM000714-1.jpg

IM000351.jpg

no fair! all i've got on mine is a chip!
here is an example of the color i'm gonna do my wheels. my stupid self damaged them again so i'm gonna have to get the guys at work to fix at least two of them again, so i'm gonna do all 4 in what they call a hyper silver.
69471.jpg

Back