What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruce, i found a tree

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
after being sick for a week and alot of cold weather latly the 40 degree temps today was more than my cabin fever could bear......headed out to my uncles ranch to do some walking, see if i could jump a rabbit or fox or yote walking some coulees
Untitled-11.jpg

Untitled-3-6.jpg

Untitled-2-7.jpg

Untitled-1-5.jpg

didnt really see any critters saw the tracks where a fox had worked over a couple of draws really good looking for something to eat. musta walked about a mile and a half in a circle checking things out.

on the way back to the truck i noticed these guys
Untitled-5-5.jpg

Untitled-6-4.jpg

Untitled-7-2.jpg

harmless looking huh? i thought so too..............but before i knew it one headed right for me...........i managed to stand my ground though and get this pic of the charge
Untitled-8-1.jpg

they worked me over really good...............think they were looking for carrots
Untitled-9-2.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Awwww nice horses!

ill tell my uncle yah say so.................the white faced one is a real master at opening gates and getting where hes not supposed to be.........

I like him the best, he has nice markings :)

Don't be fooled by their dormant appearance! The arbolian empire is just biding their time until the time is right to strike out against the humans in a fury of flesh and wood.

Yes; be careful. Based on a thorough photographic analysis, it looks like trees already outnumber horses by a factor of 3:1 in Montana and outnumber humans and pickup trucks by 6:1. They're approaching complete dominance.

complete dominance of moderatly moist ecosystems? Its tooo laaateee

here yah go Bruce...............................not that far from my front door............my usual big game hunting grounds

IMG_0260.jpg

Wow you get great edge habitat right there; the birding must be pretty good, and the animlas diverse. Nice!

lots of birds around though other than game birds i can prolly only identify around 20% of them...........most the lil buggers give me trouble but most anything bigger than a robin are generally easy enough................as for bigger critters theres rocky mountain elk, mule deer, whitetail deer, pronghorn, jack rabbits, snowshoe hares, cottontails, porqupines, raccoons, red fox, coyotes, bobcats and more rarely shiras moose and mountain lions................whole host of critters smaller that cottontails aswell. my father in law swears on a stack of bibles hes come across a couple wolves out there aswell some time back................hes looked over lots of 'yotes and farmers dogs and he is sure it was a pair of wolves he saw.

What's a yote?

coyote

Oh ok.

Back