What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borneo Expedition

Hey guys, i just wanted to tell you about a show called 'Expedition To Borneo'. Its on the Discovery channel tonight at 9:00 pm eastern time. I belive its about trying to conserve the great Borneo forest. Im hoping to see so really cool plants

Jayson.

Oh yeah I've been waiting for this.

I hope they show Nepenthes

Now they are going to unexplored Mt. Kuli or some place that sounds like cooly.

I wanna see a new nepenthes! But we all know we wont :(

Last edited by a moderator:
my Tivo's set to record it :grin:

lets all hope!

ANTS where are the ANTS!

some 60K insects... this makes me want to become a entemologist/myrmecolgist even more!

Ant fauna rule *drool*

NEPENTHES!

they lie, they say they fill with water and decompose... NO some actually have digestive enzymes sillys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol yeah i just watched that part, not much about the Nepenthes though im hoping they will show more.

NEPS! Was that little one N. tentaculata or N. hamata?

-Ben

it looked like a little purple N. hamata

I dont know but that ant colony was really cool.... It was all like hey im not gonna focus well.

jerk didnt even try to identify it. I think its a fungus growing ant. But id idnt think they were in borneo.

Thanks for letting me know, I've set it to record the 22:00 showing tonight.

So they did show some neps in it? I have it recored on my box. DVR is awesome.

Of course, Nepenthes make their brief cameo.

We had some server issues so the first ~20 min of the show got lopped off, but they briefly talk about and show some Neps at about 40 minutes or so.

I'm thankful I didn't watch it live, though. A loooot of commercials - which I summarily skipped using my MythTV's handy dandy "skip commercials" button. <3

All in all, a very cool program. Did ya get a load of some of those insects! Yeesh, that assassin bug down in the collapsed cave was AWESOME.

Thanks again to the OP for telling us about this.

I liked that entomologist guy; he seemed like the only one actually having fun, and also a bunch of bugs were already in the camp. That lady who was trying to film the gibbons musta been pretty crazy.

-Ben

They made it to the show!! I dunno what specioes they were, but they were on the show!!! I just saw some nepenthes on the program!!! They were beautiful too!!!

Back