What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My CP collection 56k warning!

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

They are not induvidual pics and a whole collection...so they don't belong in the seperate boards...so I post them here ;)

I initially posted this at my local board : the OCPS and then at cpuk. I then felt that I should also post it here at the board where I FIRST started off my CP fever. I thank all the nice people here who helped me to get from here :

ter22us12gz.jpg

TO HERE::

Hi guys,
I am sooo proud of the pics I took today. I took the time to look up my dad's camera's manual and came up with the right way to take CP pics. This first one is my personal favourite. It looks like it belongs in a CP book. :D I am serious....I am sooo happy about it. I think these are the best pics "I" have taken EVER!! :D . I present :
1) Pinguicula primuliflora

2) Drosera Dielsiana

Flowering one:

3) Utricularia calcifyda
<TYPICAL>
http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dionars9.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsplithx2.jpg
<RED>

4) Dionaea Muscipula <Typical>

Splitting!! :D

<Red>

5) Drosera capensis

6) Sphagnum cristatum

7) Lakebadgerup Gemnae

8) Nepenthes ventrata

new pitchers (YAY!!!)

9) Dionaea Muscipula <Seedlings>

10) GRAND FINALE: The terrarium

Enjoy! :D

You posted on TWO other forums before us?? I'm speechless ??? Hehe, I'm kidding. I LOVE your plants and pics! Everything you have is so GREEN! Looks really healthy! Good job :-O

thanks buddy! :)

Looks good. Now you need a bigger tank :)

Very nice Vraev!!:bigthumpup:
How old are your Dionaea seedlings now?

the seedlings are around 2 months old. :) lol JLP! yeah! I do need a bigger tank....but I have to wait for the end of summer to get it.

hey guys! I got a question.... will plants die due to overcrowding? See the seedlings?? see how crowded they are? Also the big plants...will they die if they are conjusted like this?? :(

BTW......the primuliflora flower opened....I will post up a new pic soon ;) ..... is it supposed to be white...sooo pretty!! :)

Overcrowded plants can overgrow each other and rob light of the smaller ones. The nooks and crannies between small plants like these can harbor places for fungi to grow.

so do u think I should repot the seedlings??

I think you should. Would be fairly wise. I wouldn't say individual pots quite yet, but 3-4 to a pot maybe? depending on how big of pots you have.

Here are pics of the flower. Its soo beautiful and its my first CP flower. :)

Well the camera is now back at home and so that is the end of my pics for now. :( . I asked my friend to hold the flower while I photograph and as u can see he bent the petal becos he doesn't care about CPs as much as I do :( . Well...there is a second flower on the way ;)

I think you should. Would be fairly wise. I wouldn't say individual pots quite yet, but 3-4 to a pot maybe? depending on how big of pots you have.

The problem is as you can see light constraints....that means i have to fit the pots inside the terrarium...which is pretty hard...that is the only problem I have. I can get pots...the lighting is the issue. :( Thats why I still keep them together as they are in a real nice position under the lights of america desk lamp which they seem to love as they are pretty deep red.

Nice photos!

I don't know about 56k warning, how about 8 meg warning? :-O

I'm on 8 meg here and it took a while to download them since the pics are 600k in size. You can get just as good looking photos at 150k - something to consider next time? :jester:

Nice collection of plants you have there. But I'm with Niki...you should have posted here FIRST. :poke: :D

And...what Alexis said. lol

lol guys! well....I was trying to make sure that the images have max quality as stupid jpeg compression rips a lot out of it.

and lol! I owe terraforums an apology :D ...lol! next wave of pics will be here first ;) ...:D ... bring on megabit connections....lol! :p

Beautiful plants, but there's always the eternal question: How will you give those flytraps any kind of dormancy?

yea jpeg is gay... thats why i like saving mine in png files.

yea i was just about to ask, is their a way for you to keep them out side, you know they might even like their own light if you put them in their own pots. they wouldnt mind being out side the terrium either...

the issue is I can't grow these outside due to limitations of my living space at university. I live in a dorm room and its window is north or south facing ..the light is just not enough. :(

Back