What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

freaking insaine............................

You can get ANYTHING if you look in the right place. EVERYTHING has a price, especially uranium. Sweet, sweet yellow cake.

Actually is says right to bear arms , that's plural.

You know, a perfect example is my dad. He has an elephant gun. Does he shoot elephants? Of course not. He shoots targets in the back yard. So just because he has no reason to have an E. gun that doesn't mean he shouldn't.

Auto's kind of a waste anyway, hard to control and you'll end up hitting yer target less than controlled semi-auto fire.
Still... would be fun though

Ok i just looked it up and its not the same as assault rifle, if its just something with adetachable magazine holding more than 10 rounds. This is often referred to as a "large" or "high" capacity magazine in legislation even when it is actually the standard magazine size for the firearm in question.

Then im fine with those guns. I still stand by that you dont need assault rifles to defend your family, but thats ok

On a note, a friend who's a hippy and generally doesn't like guns said to me after the Katrina thing "I'm thinking of getting one now"
Police did ditch out and there was roving gangs of hoodlums.
Course it's more important to know how to use one than to own one, it's not like Hollywood where someone just picks one up and offs all the baddies like it's nuthin

I will stick with what I have always used: Weatherby Mk 5 or Mk7, chambered for a .308 round. VERY high power, high resolution Scope.
One shot! One Kill!

JLAP, arms is plural, meaning more than one gun. More than one of what kind of gun? It does not say

What's the source of this news, Rattler? I see that Maryland is kicking around the idea, but I didn't find any federal legislation. I used to believe that idea that we could rely on a bunch of gun owners to keep the government in line, until watching the gun nut wing of our population goose stepping along behind Bush. You can't protect us from anything if you only know the 2nd Amendment and pledge your allegiance to any tyrant who'll stroke your weapon. You guys are part of the problem, not part of a solution. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Your point about the symantics - this was written when a single shot was the ONLY kind of gun. Governmnet OR private - so there was no need to distinguish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But also buy many peoples arguments, there is still no need to distinguish. I feel times have changed, and a line should be set somewhere

JLAP, arms is plural, meaning more than one gun. More than one of what kind of gun? It does not say

Exactly. A gun is a gun. Is an assault rifle a gun? Yep.

Lines have a tendancy to inch their way further and further.

It does not say any kind of gun. Does it say assult rifle is included in that? Nope.

yes i agree with schloaty in the fact that we do have the right to bear arms, and that's because of the Constitution in the 2nd part of the Bill of Rights. So what they are doing is removing things from our Bill of Rights, some of which many of great Americans fought over in a hot closed up house for quite a while.
If they do this then what next? Are they gonna make us wear implant chips so that they know where we are 24/7? Or are they gonna make it so that we can only buy a certain amount of gas per month? Either way it's rediculious!!!
As for the Seat Belt laws and gay marraiges though I agree with Bugweed. the government has no right to completely control your life. If you want to be stupid and not wear a seatbelt then die. if you want to then you might live in a car accident. The human population needs lowering anyways, so lets start there. And if you are dying in the hospital of a terminal disease and you want to get it over with quickly, then get a leathal dose of something nice, be my guest..no one should have to suffer like that. Same thing if you even just want to nd your life. Think about it. Wouldn't you rather have some mentally depressed or sick kid just kill themselves in their own house alone, than have them go crazy and possibly shoot up your kid's school? Or even go cult? Personally I would think that if they want to go then let them.
As for gay marriage I'm the same way. Let two men get married. How is that gonna effect your life? The truth is that it's probably not gonna effect it at all. The truth is that you either believe that you and your religious and 'normal' rights are too good for them, but that's just because you're a) afraid of them b) have never met one ( trust me we're not much different than normal straight people) c) have something against them because they're different, or d) you don't know any better and also belong to another choice.
My opinion on this however might be slightly biased in the sense that I'm not of Catholic/Christain faith and that I am homosexual.
And if you disagree then go ahead, don't mind me, that's just what I think.

By your defenition, this is a gun
saipan_big_gun.jpg

last i checked we cant own that. OMG A violation of our rights !!!

That's a cannon (But I'll play devils advocate and say that one could say a cannon is a giant gun) lol.

Ok, i'll say a gun is portable. That's not portable. And portable and movable aren't the same thing.

Finch, if you don't want an assault rifle, don't get one. Lol, Leave rattler and anyone else who wants one alone. Most people target practice anyway.

It was meant that the people would have the same firearms as the gov't

Assault rifles are select-fire, civilian versions are semi-only

Humm leave something that was made for the specific purpouse of killing as many people as possible in the shortest timeframe in the hands of anyone who wants it? Im sorry i cant do that.

. These laws were made before the advent of the ability for civilians to have such powerfull weapons came about.

Those aren't firearms

Not anyone who wants it. YES I did say that but I meant anyone who wants it who has the license.

America is turning into Australia! Down under you cant have a gun, kids cant even have sling shots!

So do any of you get it yet? The Feds have been wearing away our rights for so long, most of you don't even think about it. It has become commonplace, and the American people are a bunch of wimps. I am sooo sick of hearing, What's the Government going to do about it?? It should be, Hey! Look at that! Let's plug that hole like a nation United, and put the Government back where they belong; under the control of the people.
Funny, none of you have even noticed we spent 6 years as a Communist country. Republicans in the House, the Senate, the Presidency. They ignored the Democrats like they didn't exist. Then, when checks were somewhat restored, they cry, We need Bi-partisanship! Really?? And where was that between 2000 and 2006? What happened to the Party that coined the phrase, "Better dead than Red!!!"??? You know, the republicans. Suddenly, the color so hated by this party, was now, in their opinion, THE color to be---RED, just like any good communist! Trouble is, the democrats are no better, and the worse of the NANNY Government offenders. I say we rid ourselves of 2 parties that have had 200 years to make it work, and both have failed miserably, and look at Libertarians, Greens, and other independants to run us. Plus, I think since the rich lock everything up in their favor, that the next President, as soon as we can get one there, be from among the "common" people. You know, one just like us, has the same problems, not rich, and has a burning desire to change this country to the best it can be for the Nation as a whole. And because they walk in our shoes, they would better understand the stuff we face. Whereas the rich, can buy it all, have no money worries, and do not understand, EVEN A LITTLE BIT, what it is like to live where we do. Comments?

Greens? Please enlighten me but what do they do besides care about the environment? And I can't support an independent because ... Well if they were in line with my thinking they'd be a democrat!

I guess I'm boxing people in... and I guess that Republicans and Democrats are the two major parties because they are like ice cream. Sure we have many flavors of ice cream, but at the end of the day you're still either a Chocolate or a Vanilla person. Sometimes Strawberry. Neapolitan doesn't count!

I think I just maid the most grossly oversimplified statement about politics this century.

Lol, If you ever ran I'd vote for you bug.

Back