What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with the board latetly.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I have been noticing a few issues with the board lately when trying to post and things. I have noticed that it still likes to log me out even if I click the remember me button. I normaly get to read the post, but when I go to reply I am logged out. Or it is not redirecting me to the thread with my added post. I click reply and it does nothing and does not pop the post up. Yet if I click on the thread again my post is there.

Oh and one other issue I have. I realize it is used to prevent spamming, but I do alot in PMs. And it normaly doesn;t take me that long to read and reply to a PM. So if I have 5 or 6 PM and some are from different people the 60 second time limit really slows me down when trying to reply to PMs. By the time I reply and read the next message I still have 30 seconds to wait before I can send the reply to the next PM. Just a little issue I am facing. Thanks

It would be easier to keep all this stuff in that other topic going ;-) It still seems your computer is blocking the cookies from this site. Cookies are what keep you logged in. something has got to be deleting them. You need to go into your cookie settings and allow our cookies to stay. :)

As far as the PM thing (if you were reading the other thread on forum issues ;) ) You would see I removed the time limit for PMs yesterday. :boogie:

Rather than having default I just entered in www.terraforums.com as the active point for our cookie. Maybe that will change something. :p

Well, andrew I will add future issues to the ongoing thread, but this morning I didn;t have time to find it and didnt look actualy. I do delete coockies and I would know if that was the issue, but I would sign in and then come a few min later be signed out. My security setting is set to medium and should allow cookies. The main problem I noticed was the page not refreshing when I replied to a thread. So it made it look like I did nto reply until I went to click on the topic again. I wonder if it straighted itself out.

I will add future problems to the active thread. Maybe it would help if you made that thread a sticky to keep it at the top of the page.

Yup did it again when I replied to the message the page did not refresh. It popped up saying the following error orrccured but gives no error. If I refresh the page my post then shows up.

Funny it worked like it was suposed to work when I replied the last time. Just not the first time. So I dunno what is going on Andrew.

That is odd.. Any errors automatically are Emailed to me. And I have not received any in a while. ??? Is anyone else having this problem? I think JB mentioned it before and no one else confirmed it. So it's gotta be something on your end :-\

Andrew......................Tuesday night i replied to Finch on the French Missle thread...........the page loaded and i saw my post put up.............few minutes later i hit refresh and my post was gone......................so i reposted and still nothing there........................i gave up............10 minutes later i go back to the thread and ive got two identical posts up one right after the other....................figured it was my wifes crappy laptop giving me fits but after the other complaints im no longer sure

Rattler, the posts that have been mentioned of dissapearing, were done by a moderator by mistake. We're all still learning the tools around here while you guys are learning the features.

On tuesday night, about the time of your post I was doing a server back up. Perhaps that lag is where you saw the "problem" sorry 'bout that.

no problems................like i said till everyone else complained i figured it was my wifes crappy laptop(mine was left at work) and not the board

Well Andrew like I said in this thread. It happens sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I dunno what would be wrong with this PC. I am using my laptop and it is a fresh install of win XP pro. Just got it and connected it to my wireless network. And it never gives an actual error, but the error page pops up and the error is not listed. So I have no clue.

Site worked fine when I posted this reply. So I dunno what in the world is going on.

I experienced the same thing as was in your first paragraph today. It was weird. Never happened before and I didn't mess with my cookie jar :)

It's fine now, though. I would log in and when the page reloaded I was logged out.

Back