What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why men never get published in 'Dear Abby'

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs ... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them." I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my Harley Davidson motor cycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my Harley, that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

That's fuuny. How old is the bike? If you just got it recently take it to them and have them fix it. I would.

That's fuuny. How old is the bike? If you just got it recently take it to them and have them fix it. I would.

+1.

Valve cover gaskets aren't hard though, just a few bolts and some sealant.

The reply should have been,

"You should have the leaking vavle cover checked ASAP! Worse case is you could run low on oil and blow your engine. Best case senreio is it'll cause the chrome on your bike to look dirty. You will want your bike looking as sharp as you can to upgrade your wife."

I saw through this fraud immediately. What man would ask a woman for advice about something mechanical?

LOL, that sounds like a letter my brother or dad would right. LOL, I like.

Back