What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yay back among the living

Well after a relatively calm Winter for the first half.. it sure changed fast! COLD and SNOW for weeks!! My computer crashed as well and everything needed to be reinstalled ;x

Think I have everything functioning again and will get to the backlog of Emails and orders ASAP now that my system is functioning and weather appears more human. Thanks for being patient everyone!

Why did we want to live here??
snowpic.jpg

Tony

People in warmer areas might be mowing their lawn right now.

Thanks Bruce LOL.. reminds me I don't like mowing the lawn so I guess that's a plus??

geez Tony thats nothing, i am usually waiting for it to WARM up so it can snow :grin:

TOOOOOOOOOONY!! I was wondering where you were! I was beginning to think my stalker had retired. :grin:

I would LOVE to see/be in snow like that! *drool* Yeah, I know, when you get it all the time its not so fun. But...wow! Think of the snow angels and snowpersons you could make out of all that. And snow cream...mmm mmm.

Glad to know you're alive and well. Oh...and guess what. I got my first nep flower spike! :banana2: I will be posting pics hopefully today.

Welcome back Tony :) Wow that snow is INSANE! :0o:

Hey Tony, Welcome back!

Rattler, too cold to snow is sort of a misnomer. I mean, heck, it snow north of the Artic cirlce. I think it may have to do more with where you moisture comes from - the storms usually bring the "warmer" temps with them.

it doesnt snow when it gets -50 before windchill...................dont ever see much snow at -30 either, most of our snow happens above 0.............when the air temps are that freaking cold the air cant hold much moisture..............

Come on down to LI Tony! Sandy Beaches in the Summer and... ah... nuthin much in the winter.. except traffic...
Go to see ya back in biz!!

I lived in Louisiana for 8 years where there are really ~3 seasons (depending on how you count them). Some people say 2 - hot & uncomfortably humid followed by cool & damp then back to hot & humid...

I'd like to have 4 seasons but the pic Tony posted explains why I need to be further south & would never willingly go up there. Southwest VA is looking pretty good....

Welcome back! Your lack of presense was noticeable.

Good to see you posting again Tony.

Tony? Back among the living? Did you die and not tell anyone?? Don't you think your friends would have wanted to hear about it?? Pretty inconsiderate of you to die, and then come back! Shame on you! Now stay here this time, and if you want to die again, LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!

lol!

Ahhhh well next time I become a living snowman I will let you know first.

Rattler.. while I understand what you mean about too cold to snow. We get storms that have the classic warm humid air colliding with the cold arctic air. Which don't hit when it's so cold. But we allso have what happened the past couple weeks.. lake snow!!! When you live next to a lake that is larger than many of the states in the country. The lake doesn't freeze and there is PLENTY of warmer moist air coming off the water.. which gets swept up by the cold arctic breeze and dumps it downwind in the form of that lovely white stuff. The colder it is the more likely lake snow will form! If you were to look at a dopler radar it would look like streamers coming off the water onto the surrounding land. Fortunately we were a bit north of most of it so only got about 1/3 what they got along the southern side of the lake... ie the wind came more out of the North than the Northwest so the snow bands were pushed South of us for a portion of the time.

It's actually quite interesting when you have sunny blue skies and look to the South (or North) and see a dark black sky 5miles away.. Venture into it and find yourself in blizzard conditions.

saw the news..................Fort Peck aint quite as big as the Great Lakes but most years it doesnt quite freeze across cause while we dont have alot of snow we do have TONS of wind and moving water doesnt freeze :grin: anyways if it doesnt freeze and the wind comes right a couple small towns over there get a mini-lake effect snow some years but its nowhere near what you guys get................anyways over here we rarely get more than 8 inches of snow for the winter but a couple weeks in a row where we dont see above -20 isnt unusual........lowas of -40 are common and we get well below that every other year

Tamlin Dawnstar was in all that lake-effect snow. Oswego NY was on CNN every day for a week. I even saw his ex-boss (whom he..."strongly dislikes") on TV...which was funny. I've heard all about that witch for years. lol What are the odds of that...to see his ex-boss on TV.

I believe Oswego got 11 feet. William was sick of shoveling which you HAVE to do or you can't get out. I heard at some points it was falling at 5" per hour. I can't even imagine 11-feet of snow!

I believe I heard more lake snow is headed his way.

Southwest VA is looking pretty good....

I think central VA looks even better. :)

Welcome back Tony!

Jerry

Well, ok. But don't die on us! BAD!! If you gotta go, keep us in the loop! Want my phone number??? LOL!!

Back