What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra Skin

• Thread starter FarmerDave
  • Start date
Yep, I have a bad case of 'Extra Skin' and I would like to get rid of it. Does anyone know how the best way of doing it would be?
When I say that I have extra skin I mean that whenever I pull the skin on my neck I get a couple of inches...enough to get a really big piercing there.
and on my wenises (elbow skin) I have just about the same amount. On my stomach I can grab a handful if I suck in a little.
The reason why I'm asking is because It's really getting at me mentally. Every time that I look down at my Stomach or arms it looks like I'm just carrying around some fat and I'm being good to myself, but it doesn't look like it to me and some other people. I've actually been asked if I've been really fat before, and that also plays around in my head. The thing is thought that it bothers me really bad and I want to get rid of it. :crazy:

Thanks!!!

Well there is pretty much one thing you can do about it. That is lose it. Lose the weight. I bet you drink soda. Lose that. Drink lots and lots of water. Go running. Push-ups and just exercise more. Go to the gym. Attitude and discipline is what makes it happen.

See your doctor...

You're still growing, so try not to worry about it. People go through weird body phases and you're lucky because girls have it worse than boys. But, like JMurphy said, avoid the high calorie crap. A soda (non-diet) has more calories than a beer and a pack of pop tarts has as many calories as three beers. When you reach drinking age, you might find yourself doing that kind of math a lot. Here, it's just an illustration of how many calories are packed into a small amount of junk food. You'll do fine just by eating a reasonable diet while keeping reasonably active.

Generally speaking, your skin will always be kind of stretchy. If you were actually fat, it probably wouldn't pull out as easily, because it would already be under increased tension. Also, like Bruce says, you're still growing, which means that things will likely change. There are very few things about your bodily appearance that you can really control - your haircut and your tan are really about it. If you treat your body well and stay in good health, then it will probably look good, but unfortunately you can't just make a decision to be taller or thinner or whatever suits your personal aesthetic. You can spend a lot of money on hair dye and plastic surgery, but that stuff is still hit or miss. It's kind of a harsh thing to say, but the best thing to change is your attitude.
~Joe

Oh god I just tried to pull the skin in my neck.. that feels weird as crap! I think I pinched a nerve lmao. No extra skin there.

I'm sure there's a way to tone up your neck skin (Man now I think of you like an iguana lmao).

Hey here's a Q, you know on those diet commercials where people weight like 300 pounds then lose the weight and in their after picture.. where did ALL that skin go without surgery?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exersize helps tone up youre skin dude. exersize allot!

Simple, its not true. Can u say PHOTOSHOP? :-D Im trying to lose weight too, being in college it kills me. I have stretch marks on my stomach, never ever had them before and Im angry about it. Listento JMurphy, cut ALL regular soda, diet isnt any better but it wont make you gain weight. Lots of water and get out of the house! College is kinda harder to do exercise because of all the work and such, but walking is good, any amount of body movement is better than none!

Try hoodia man! Totally worth the money! I gotta make myself eat when I take hoodia. If I dont, by daily calorie deficit is about 1500. That's without my daily excersize.

Running is A LOT easier now without cigarettes, for shizzle.

hey dave

+1 on "herenorthere's" reply.

I went thought some weird stuff as my body was developing .
Mine was about the opposite of your situation.
My bones developed faster than the rest on me which caused muscle and joint pain.
My parents felt the consistent pain was odd considering my age and took me to
a few different doctors.
They all had similar diagnosis, it was just a phase my body was going through and it
would pass, which it did.
Eat right, keep taking care of yourself and exercise plenty.
Keep your head about you and don't torture yourself mentally for paranoid reasons.

Then again, you might have a rare case of sharpeisenosis?

Dave! You have a Chinese Dog disease????? I DON'T THINK SO!!! Considering your age, I have to agree that you are not quite done developing, and all things will catch up in the right order when its time. Appearances really don't count for much, and only the shallow worry about it and their "look good". Me? Too damn old to care what anyone thinks of me and go slob whenever I can. Makes me feel better when I am comfortable.

Lol
Thanks! I don't think that I have any of those diseases(made up or not) But I think that I may look like that when I'm 80.
yeah, I'm sure that there is almost no fat under it but that I just have an excess of it. And If I were to fill it up with muscle I'd look like that Travis Barker guy on that Amp Mobel commercial.

Yeah, Ive heard positive things about Hoodia, I was considering trying it! You say its worth it JLAP? I need a calorie deficit!

You gotta buy brands that say 100% Hoodio Gordonii and have a CITES permit. (If it says 100% hoodia, it might no be the right kind! Only H. gordonii has the P-57 molecule.) Don't buy the cheap stuff.

I use Desert Burn.

http://www.desertburn.com/

What is Hoodia???

And I though he said he had excess SKIN...not fat. ???

I think you'll grow into it.

Nice site. And you say you have to force yourself to eat correct?

Hoodia is a succulent that contains a molecule called P-57 that makes you not hungry.

I don't FORCE myself to eat, I just have to remind myself. I don't feel like it but do it anyway to stay healthy. It works really well for me but everyone is different.

Ah well I think hoodia is perfect for me because if i can eat the better food for you "fruits/veggies, meat and whatnot" and stay away from fried/processed/fatty foods then whats it matter what i eat, as long as i am not hungry. Hoodia should prevent my biggest fault......snacking. Im trying healthier snacking like sunchips,trailmixes and popcorn. Havent had a real chip in a long while.

Willpower is the best supplement and it's free.

Back