What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire

Awe Man!!!! I am soooooooo sorry.

I hope that all of your things get replaced well and soon.

Doh! This sucks dude(as if you weren't acutely aware of that).

My condolences; hope you get everything squared away again.

wow. that sucks. everyone's right though. at least no one was harmed and you weren't in bed or something. hang in there- it will all be better.

:censor:

My mom said that the insurance guy said it can take up to 4-6 months to get every thing cleaned up! WTF!? We can build houses in a month, why the heck cant they refurnish a house in a few weeks?! HALF a freaking year? Thats insain, I KNOW they can do it faster, my mom's boyfriend is gonna talk to them tomorrow. We arent cleaning up, the people who do that are.

Thanks for the plant offer ill rember that. But the wait is gonna be quite a while, I was hoping to get a job here soon to! If it is gonna be that long theirs a nice green house only 10 min's away from here, :-D

Thanks guys
Cheers

I was gonna upload videofootage of the house but the cabel seems bad.

*edit*

I just found out if it does take that long my mom is concidering moving in here with her boyfriend, that means moving away from all my friends, half hour drive their and back, which is gay! Cause im not moving schools, if we do im not paying gas for that, she will be. I dont want to move out here, and now she is trying to bribe me with a heated green house.

one good thing i guess is I get 3 new Tanks for CP's! two 10 gallon's and 1 30 gallon!

I dont know what to do with my mom though.

Last edited:
I'd say YES!!!

Well I do want a GH, but i still want my friends close by too.

Source of the fire-

My dresser is preaty much stuck up against my wall, (was) and their were some wires pinched close together from my stero. The wires supposedly arched and started the fire.

Im going out to get some new plants and grow lights this weekend. :)

I need some help guys.

How much would you price these plants as?

Full sized (hadnt vined yet)
Nepenthes x 'Judith Fin'
Medium Sized
Nepenthes ventricosa x alta ~15??
Nepenthes ventricossa ~15??
Nepenthes sanguinea ~20??
Young / New
Nepenthes sibuyanensis
Nepenthes muluensis x lowii
Nepenthes gymnamphora

2 packs of nepenthes seed's?
~8 inch "forest"
D. adalea

Drosera

D. capensis
-varations
'alba'

D.alaciea
D.adalea
D.spatulata
D.rotdunfolia
D.binata
D.gramminafolia

Utricularia

bisquamata
dichtoma
livida
longonfolia
prehensillis
renformis
sandersonni
warburggii

I need some help guys.

D.adalea

I can hook you up with a couple of these when I divide mine in a couple weeks if you can wait. I have tons of little ones popping up all over the place in my pot. Let me know.

xvart.

Its for insurance pourpuses! (spelling?)

I need some help guys.

Prices based on Peter's site

Drosera $6-10 bucks each except D. binata, bare root vs potted

D. capensis
-varations
'alba'

D.alaciea
D.adalea
D.spatulata
D.rotdunfolia
D.binata $8-10
D.gramminafolia

Utricularia (bare root vs potted)

bisquamata $6-8
dichtoma $6-8
livida $6-8
longonfolia $8-10
prehensillis $8-10
renformis $8-10
sandersonni $6-8
warburggii

Any photos you have of your plants will help or may even be required for an insurance claim.

No, go buy what they ebay sellers say! It's not fraud if you don't get caught!!!

"SUPER RARE D. CAPENSIS!"

"RARE BLADDERWORT!!!!"

"RARE RARE RARE A++++ ASIAN PITCHER N. VENTRATA! STRAIGHT FROM ASIA!!!"

"RARE OCTUPUS PLANT! 3 SEEDS! ONLY $10!!!"

you know thats all you would need.

Thanks guys. Their are the remants of all my plants really, except for most of the drosera. The UTric's neps and things are all fairly intact just bone dry and dead! (heat) Thanks

Any one have information on the Nepenthes? I think i have a fairly decent idea of what they are worth

Full sized (hadnt vined yet)
Nepenthes x 'Judith Fin' ~30
Medium Sized
Nepenthes ventricosa x alta ~15??
Nepenthes ventricossa ~15??
Nepenthes sanguinea ~20??
Young / New
Nepenthes sibuyanensis ~20
Nepenthes muluensis x lowii ~20
Nepenthes gymnamphora~20

you know thats all you would need.

Thanks guys. Their are the remants of all my plants really, except for most of the drosera. The UTric's neps and things are all fairly intact just bone dry and dead! (heat) Thanks

Any one have information on the Nepenthes? I think i have a fairly decent idea of what they are worth

Based on the medium Neps on Peter's site (he didn't have any large listed that I recall) I think you're pretty much right on the money with your values.

Made the first major purchase, a computer. But the stupid guy at best buy didn't tell us that the wireless keyboard isn't compatble with freaking Vista... I already hate vista... But w/e ill get over it after a few week's.

I also bought 4 shop lights that are 4 feet long for the plants, and im getting a 5 foot table, that should be suitable for now.

Great! I'm glad to hear you're getting some new stuff set up :)

Thanks trapper

We haven't built the plant stuff yet, but i did get some Utric seeds in the mail and a Cacti cutting. The cacti grows like a foot a year! Should be cool to see it get big. It gets like 15 feet tall too and roots very easy from cuttings.

Well I got like 11 books that i had that got destroyed, which is nice..
Latin for dummies
Beekeeping for dummies
The ABC of Bee culture
The back yard beekeeper
Pitcher plants of the Americas
The savage garden
Carnivorous plants
Carnivorous plants of the united states and canada
Growing Carnivorous plants
Journey to the ants
The ants

Which is nice, im gonna go get some more clothing this weekend.

Back