What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire

I had a fire, i lost all my nepenthes and sundew and a nice U. bisquamita. I lost all my insects, my aqarium is a stew. Theirs massive smoke damage all through the house but my room got the brunt end of it.

Basicaly I get new every thing.

All those plants...

They say it was bad wiring in the wall. Ill update later My computer is shot im at my moms boyfriends house,

Awe man, that's terrible! I'll be praying for ya, and I hope you get everything back alright.

That sucks, dude. Hopefully it wasn't because of your setup.

xvart.

No, it happend in my room, they think it was a light that i never used for an ant set up that i never used. Cant really get to sleep so i think i will be on for a little bit.

You and your family are safe and nobody got hurt or killed and that's what matters the most.

I just hope i have at least one nep still.. but i doubt it if the plants upstairs were roasted then im sure my nepenthes were too..

That’s horrible! Plants and insects… I’d feel devastated. Was there a lot of damage done to the actual house (did it spread)?

I hope everything turns out all right and that you feel better soon!

No just the house its integrety they say is fine, but it happend preatty fast.

I guess right now my biggest question is how much do you guys think about 7 Nepenthes 1 Large 2 medium large and 4 small nepenthes I was thinking around 120 for the nepenthes (rough estimet) and about 30-40$ in sundew's. Im sure its more but i just havent done the math yet i just wish i had my plants down..

Come to think about it almost all my plants are dead except for the ones out side...

this blows major... well you know

I am sorry for you. Thankful that no one was injured, but the lose of your plants and pets must be devastating. I will pray for you, and I hope that you can easily replace what was lost. I believe you will get a lot of support here, because we all know how we would feel if we lost all of our plants due to something that we couldn't control.

I'm really sorry this happened! I'm glad that you and your family are not hurt. Sorry about your plants and pets :(

Oh my god dude I am SO sorry!

I would supply you with some nepenthes but I don't grow those :(

Ah, hey thanks guys, you dont need to supply me with any thing. I just need all new plant stuff which i will eventually get. At least i get a new Plant rack maybe i can get one where i can hook up some sweet lights. Like you guys said im just glad that im ok, I just miss my plants allready. And my ants those are irraplaceable. But so are my drawings and swords... Oh well. I am just glad that im fine and my mom's fine, and the dogs.

Were you home when it happened? Did the fire department have to put out the fire? Or were you able to contain it with an extinguisher? Good luck on rebuilding.

xvart.

:O Wow! I'm glad that everyone's alright! It's almost hard to believe, but fires due to wiring gone sour are pretty common. I myself know several people who've had part or all of their house burned down from it. I'm glad that the fire was contained!

Wow...I'm SO sorry to hear that. I'm glad your, your family and pets are alright though. That's the best part but I know its still hard to lose all your "stuff." :(

I'm sure people will help you out when you are ready to get back in the game.

I really feel for you. If my burned...I'd lose all my grandmother's things that are most precious to me.

No we were at my mom's boyfriends house and we came back in time to see it the fire department had to put it out we went through and video taped a bunch of it when i have time ill put it on Youtube or something.

So sorry to hear that, and so glad you're okay. gosh, imagine if it happened while you were asleep at night..
How's the cleanup going?

I was also going to ask how everything is going? Hope you're all doing ok :)

I'm really sorry to hear this Nep AK, a fire desroying my artwork and plants is one of my bigger fears.
If you can provide cool, bright conditions I'll send ya a young King Sundew to get you started. Unfortunately I have no Neps for grabs now but I'll see what else I can find...

Back