User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im fed up! Being nice is overrated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aspergers Syndrome? Yeh i have it.

I tried being open and honest, but i guess i must have overdid it when i did. Bad things happened. Never again!

Is it too personal to ask what the breaking point was or what caused this change?
    Finally thought i was making progress on the freind front, had a bunch of people i really enjoyed being with. Turns out, er, they didnt enjoy being with me. But they didnt say it to my face! Oh no it must have made the rounds before whisper got round to me, and my roomate commenting that they all had asked him how he can stand being in a room with me! Hah this is like the 3rd time this has happened with different groups of people.

It leaves me really bitter. I do have info that could cause deep fissures in those said people's relationships with eachoter, but revenge is not what i am looking for. Well, cept that one guy
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revenge is REALLY fun

Well, see when people don't like you they don't TELL you that unless they have a personal issue with you (and by you I mean anyone). It's just being nice...although in a mean way. You know what I mean.

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have met multiple peole with aspurgers and they have all been some of the nicest people I have met. I have many complications; mild Tourettes, OCD, and ADD. Me and my brother have, many times, been considered socially akward. My brother recently joined a group for teens with aspurgers. I suggest you do some research for groups around your area. I feel the most comforatable around others like me. Try to spot out others who may be having a hard time as well. I'm sure that there are others out there who would love to meet somebody just like them. somebody more kind and understanding like you. Finch, always stay true to yourself. There are others out there who will befriend you and respect you for it. As you grow older you will find that others become more understanding and more mature. You fill find it easier to find others that are accepting.

Finch, PM me anytime you want. I'd love to chat with you. Trust me, I have been through a lot more than you can imagine. I know we are many states away but I will still gladly be your friend.

-Gabe D.
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes I hide my emotions some time. But that's how I've always been. What I wanna know is how can you tell by what I put?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch, always stay true to yourself.
    That's true. And internet friends ARE real friends. Communication and sharing is what makes a friend. You don't necessarily have to be face to face. You have MANY friends here. Granted, we can't hang out with you like we could in person, but we're friends none the less.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally relate to you Finch. I am pretty much an isolationist because of my life experiences. I still try to be friendly but find it very difficult to find a friend of like mind. I am not a superficial person, I view most entertainment as mundane. I keep learning as I grow older that there are more of them than us, and by that I mean dishonest ,game playing, superficial types. From your posts, I take you to be a person I could really talk with. Everybody needs to go up on the mountain sometimes(like Jesus did, to be alone with God in prayer).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son has Asbergers syndrome. It has been an extremely hard for him to relate to people because of a lack of understanding of abstract thought. He has an IQ of 160, and like Einstein, is very socially awkward, but he is nice to a fault. I have observed him being ridiculed by guys, and he always says to me when I question him, "It's not my fault the man is out of Harmony with nature, and out of balance with himself." He carries on because he knows it is the right thing to do. His view is that there are enough jerks in the world, so why add one more. If a person cannot be civil, he walks away like they don't exist. I LIKE his attitude. Just because he does not act like the rest of them is no reason to tease and ridicule him, but he takes it in stride with his attitude.
    One guy thought him weird and tried to pick a fight with him. LOL!!! He trapped the man with an aikido lock. The guy COULD NOT get out of the lock, and the pain inflicted made him scream like a baby. All the while my son told him how rude and mean he was, and if he didn't stop, he would REALLY have to hurt him. I laughed until I cried. I guess teaching my son the martial art of Aikido was not a bad thing! He finally planted the guy on the ground and advised him not to get up or get more of the same. I remember him saying before he walked away, "If I weren't so nice, I could have easily dislocated any bones of my choice. I suggest you find someone else to start problems with, BUT, they may not be as nice as I am." What a character! He is nice because he thinks, like I do, that that IS the way to treat people. Even if they are jerks. And the world is FULL of those!! And the shocked looks on folks' faces when he, without asking helps someone who needs it, or lets another driver in because no one else will. I am PROUD of him and who he is, and I hope that you, Finch, will not let the as-holes of this world drive you to be an angry mean person. I happen to like you just the way you are. As do the rest of us. Shed their stupidity like taking off your coat, and remain the better man! My son incidentally, is 26, and very functional. DON'T LET THEM BEAT YOU , FINCH!!!!!! Stay good to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMurphy97 View Post
    Well yes I hide my emotions some time. But that's how I've always been. What I wanna know is how can you tell by what I put?

I'm physic. No really you talk about not needing friends and being happy by yourself and getting sick of it when people always want to open up to you about their emotions. Hiding and suppressing your emotions leads to mental illness. All of those feelings have to go somewhere and one day they'll explode like a volcano. You hate people crying on you because you want to cry on someone else, at least subconsciously, and you think no one is there for you, and maybe that's true, but ask yourself, do you push people away because you're afraid of getting hurt?

Ehh sorry if I overstepped by boundaries.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast