What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im fed up! Being nice is overrated!

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date
  • Tags
    care
Finch, always stay true to yourself.

That's true. And internet friends ARE real friends. :) Communication and sharing is what makes a friend. You don't necessarily have to be face to face. You have MANY friends here. Granted, we can't hang out with you like we could in person, but we're friends none the less.

I totally relate to you Finch. I am pretty much an isolationist because of my life experiences. I still try to be friendly but find it very difficult to find a friend of like mind. I am not a superficial person, I view most entertainment as mundane. I keep learning as I grow older that there are more of them than us, and by that I mean dishonest ,game playing, superficial types. From your posts, I take you to be a person I could really talk with. Everybody needs to go up on the mountain sometimes(like Jesus did, to be alone with God in prayer).

My son has Asbergers syndrome. It has been an extremely hard for him to relate to people because of a lack of understanding of abstract thought. He has an IQ of 160, and like Einstein, is very socially awkward, but he is nice to a fault. I have observed him being ridiculed by guys, and he always says to me when I question him, "It's not my fault the man is out of Harmony with nature, and out of balance with himself." He carries on because he knows it is the right thing to do. His view is that there are enough jerks in the world, so why add one more. If a person cannot be civil, he walks away like they don't exist. I LIKE his attitude. Just because he does not act like the rest of them is no reason to tease and ridicule him, but he takes it in stride with his attitude.
One guy thought him weird and tried to pick a fight with him. LOL!!! He trapped the man with an aikido lock. The guy COULD NOT get out of the lock, and the pain inflicted made him scream like a baby. All the while my son told him how rude and mean he was, and if he didn't stop, he would REALLY have to hurt him. I laughed until I cried. I guess teaching my son the martial art of Aikido was not a bad thing! He finally planted the guy on the ground and advised him not to get up or get more of the same. I remember him saying before he walked away, "If I weren't so nice, I could have easily dislocated any bones of my choice. I suggest you find someone else to start problems with, BUT, they may not be as nice as I am." What a character! He is nice because he thinks, like I do, that that IS the way to treat people. Even if they are jerks. And the world is FULL of those!! And the shocked looks on folks' faces when he, without asking helps someone who needs it, or lets another driver in because no one else will. I am PROUD of him and who he is, and I hope that you, Finch, will not let the as-holes of this world drive you to be an angry mean person. I happen to like you just the way you are. As do the rest of us. Shed their stupidity like taking off your coat, and remain the better man! My son incidentally, is 26, and very functional. DON'T LET THEM BEAT YOU , FINCH!!!!!! Stay good to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well yes I hide my emotions some time. But that's how I've always been. What I wanna know is how can you tell by what I put?

I'm physic. No really you talk about not needing friends and being happy by yourself and getting sick of it when people always want to open up to you about their emotions. Hiding and suppressing your emotions leads to mental illness. All of those feelings have to go somewhere and one day they'll explode like a volcano. You hate people crying on you because you want to cry on someone else, at least subconsciously, and you think no one is there for you, and maybe that's true, but ask yourself, do you push people away because you're afraid of getting hurt?

Ehh sorry if I overstepped by boundaries.

It takes awhile to reap the benefits to not getting jaded and to stick it out and be kind to others when it seems like all they do is take advantadge of that.
When people say "that makes you better than them" it really is true and when you get older (not like I'm an old fogey) people will appreciate someone who is good to them, especially in the buisiness world.
Of course don't take no s**t either, I do snap pretty quick and being the aggressor usually makes people back off if they are trying to get at you. Just try and find a good balance.

Now to cheer you up...
Pirrana Plants destroying the City:
Pirrannaplantsattack.gif

(figured you'd like that seeing as you've had 16bit SMBros chars in your sig for awhile)

I'm physic. No really you talk about not needing friends and being happy by yourself and getting sick of it when people always want to open up to you about their emotions. Hiding and suppressing your emotions leads to mental illness. All of those feelings have to go somewhere and one day they'll explode like a volcano. You hate people crying on you because you want to cry on someone else, at least subconsciously, and you think no one is there for you, and maybe that's true, but ask yourself, do you push people away because you're afraid of getting hurt?

Ehh sorry if I overstepped by boundaries.

Dude I feel like I should be paying you for this. I say that because I feel they should pay me for what I do. It's not that I hate them crying to me it's that after I tell them what to do they don't listen and come back crying again about that same thing. Yea sometimes I need to be the one who is talking about their things. I wouldn't say cry about it. But while they keep crying to me I think to myself that I got stuff too. But whenever I try to talk about my things they change it to them. I just usually think about my animals and plants and other things til they stop.

I've never been the one to want a lot of friends. When I was a kid I had my brother, and my cousin. Now my brother told me he has a bullet for me TWO TIMES and now is with my old girl who I would have done anything for and was gonna marry. So he's gone. I was talking with my cousin about going into the Marines together because I've been closer to him then my brother. Well he took a signing bonus with the Army without talking to be about it first. So he's gone now. He's in Iraq doing his thing and that's cool for him. The way I see it, the less you let in or around, the less that can hurt you and betray you.

Now if I want to see people I'll go to the bar or some place public just so I'm not just in the house. When I want to talk to people I'll go play basketball or football at the park. I'll be good by myself. That is until my cousin gets back. Then maybe I'll change.

Wow I should forget about the doctor stuff and become a therapist. We've had a real breakthrough today. That'll be $250 please.

Trust me that has to be easiest job. The check is in the mail.

Back