What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice for selling stuff

I'm not offically selling anything just yet, but I wanted to see if anybody had some suggestions as to what would be plants that I could get rid of. I'm being laid off and have some other issues tugging at the wallet so I am considering selling some plant things. I could use freeing up some tank space anyway plus I can consolodate the plants and turn off a light fixture and save $.

So what I'm wondering is since I don't have a tremendous assortment, would I be wasting my time trying to ebay some of these guys? Which ones are too common to be of interest?

-d. binata dichotoma-decent size, but a ways off from filling a pot
-n. rafflesiana-I'd be willing to part with the larger plant in the pot with pitchers around 3-3.5 inches
-n. bicalcarata-this hurts, but I have a few so I could spare one if needed. Four leaves with pitchers around 2 inches in a 6 inch pot.
-live sphagnum moss
-n.sanguinea-only as a last resort since I raised it from a Lowe's rescued twig to having 3 open 3.5 inch pitchers and 2 still forming
-one Kenmore reverse osmosis system still in the box

This is not an ad. These aren't for sale at this time so if you are interested, please don't get the wrong idea. If there is enough potential for this I will do it on ebay.

Sorry about your situation. You'll get bottom dollar for those plants. Only thing worth selling is the RO unit. What you could do is give them to someone else to take care of until you get back on your feet.

that's what I figured-almost. Even the bicalc?

Yeah.. it's common and that's pretty small.

Why not trade with forum members?

I need to part with some stuff for cash due to a few big problems hitting at once. I usually would try to trade but I thought that I'd try this route for a few dollars if needed. I guess I'll just enjoy my plants. I'm not too terribly upset about that I guess.

But the RO unit will have to go.

Back