What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New puppy

I'm too lazy to type on my own so here's what my wife wrote up for a German shepherd forum.... :p

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present mine and Rob's beautiful new baby girl, Miss Dutchess Anastasia! (Annie for short... :p)

100_8348.jpg

Annie being toweled off after her bath...

100_8349.jpg

Peek a boo!

100_8351.jpg

Annie giving Ty kisses.

100_8358.jpg

Annie in daddy's lap.

100_8362.jpg

Annie and mommy.

100_8363.jpg

Okay, so, here's the story:

Rob and I had been throwing the idea around of getting another GSD. We weren't really sure we wanted to deal with another mess of dog hair around the house, though. Well, yesterday, I was sitting at my desk at work looking at the classified section of the paper, and I was curious as to how much GSD puppies were going for in Kansas. I didn't want to spend a lot on a GSD. Anyway, I called Rob and told him there were GSD puppies in the paper. He said he'd think about it, and he'd come up and look at the paper later.

Not even 10 minutes later, he comes walking into my work saying, "Alright, give me this paper. I'm going to make some calls." I told him that I wanted to wait because I wanted to go with him to pick out the puppy, but he told me if we were getting another GSD that he was picking out the puppy, because my decision would be based on how cute the puppy was, not it's temperment. I reluctantly agreed, and Rob went and found a breeder about 200 miles from where we live. He went down and picked out Annie, because she was sweet and biding for his attention. He liked her temperment, and called me. I really really wanted a black and tan saddleback, but it didn't matter to me when he told me she wasn't one. He brought her home and I instantly fell in love with her!

Ty, however...

That's another story. :rotflmao:

But anyway, he is doing good with her and being really gentle. He's had his jealous bouts with her, showing her who's boss, but he's really mellowed out about it. They even played together today! :)

It's definitely been an experience for me... I haven't had a puppy since I was a kid, and Rob's been teaching me through every step of the way. Even the first sleepless night of taking her outside to potty when she'd whine. Just like having a real baby. *dies* But, she's worth it. :)

She's cute! She rocks!

That's a beautiful pup, you must be so proud. :)

Awwwwwwwww....you got a puppy! :D Congratulations and welcome to puppy hell! lol

My first dog's puppyhood was a breeze; the second one was a hell I thought I'd never survive. But its all good now.

Y'all are in for a lot of fun! She's SO cute! Take lots of pics...they grow so fast.

That's one cute puppy. Congrats! My wife and I want to get a dog in a few years, and lately we have decided that for at least our first dog we are going to adopt an older dog, so we don't have to worry about training and such. Although, after seeing pictures like that, how can you resist a cute little bugger! So how big do GSDs get?

xvart.

OH wow what a cutie pie!! She's GORGEOUS! And Ty! What a handsome boy! Like PAK said, take lots of pics, they really do grow up fast!

xvart- I think it's a great idea if you and your wife would adopt an older dog for your first time :) All of my dogs have been adopted :)

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with buying from a breeder! It's hard to find a purebred puppy in a shelter.

Congrats! Annie is beautiful :-D

Nice! We just got a new puppy a month ago. She's our third Brittany (the others are 5 and 13) and we have the same kind of insanity and dog dynamics you're seeing. We used to have GSDs before the Brittanys.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! She is doing great with us, and is having a great affect on Ty too, she's helping him to not be such a crotchety old man ROFL.

xvart- Ty, who is a fairly medium sized shepherd, is 27.5 inches at the shoulder, and between 85 and 90 lbs depending on the last time he's visited the side yard lol. He's slightly too big for American conformation, and on the larger end of acceptable for German, which is what he does. There are breeders who make them, much, much larger but those dogs invariably have health problems.

Here's Ty at the same age....

012904c.jpg

aww, it's so little...I love him!:-D

Awwww look at Ty! Soooo cute! He's so handsome now. I'm glad the two are good buddies now ;)

Back