What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to post pictures

• Thread starter villa99
  • Start date
Hello.
I wanted to post some pictures on a thread, but i just can't find how to do it. Since I'm new around here, I was wondering if one of the more experienced users could help me out. Thanks.

You need a image host. Andrew is providing one free for Terra Forum members. See this thread. Or you can go with some other host like photobucket, flikr, etc.

Upload your images to the server which should generate a url to the image. Some will even surround it with the IMG markup tags used by many Bulletin Board programs such as this one. If it does, just copy and paste the tags and url into your post. If not copy the raw url to your clipboard and click on the image button (yellow button with mountains on it) on the message editor toolbar and paste the url into the dialog box.

Example:

Code:
 [img]www.google.com/images/picofvft.jpg[/img]

A very good and free hosting site is ringo.com. I use it and I love it.

Nepenthes3

You forgot the add .jpg to the end of the pic url between the image tags and thats why you're getting the little box.

The url wasn't complete either. It should look like this: |img|http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/albums/album104/Nepenthes3.jpg|/img|

ofcourse you'll be using "[" and "]" instead of "|".

Back