What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

this is a dang big state..................

still mad at myself that i didnt reset the trip counter on the truck but to give yah an idea for now and look up the rough milage later when im caught up from skipping 3 days of work. pic's will follow prolly tomorrow night............

for work Wednesday morning i drove over to Culbertson to pick up our newspapers, at this point i was ~30 miles from the North Dakota border. after finishing up work as much as i needed to that afternoon the family and i shot down to Billings(roughly30 miles from Wyoming) and grabbed a hotel room. its approximatly a 4 and a half hour drive at 70-75mph.......got up thursday morning, took the youngest to the dentist and by 11:30am we were headed out of town for Missoula which is approx 5 hours down the interstate if you dont stop. i played Nascar on the interstate...........over and down a couple major mountain passes..............my wife was pissed but theres nothing i enjoy more than screaming down the passes.....blowing by semi's.......only thing that would have made it better was if i had been driving my Impala instead of the shops 4 door Chevy truck.......have to say though that truck rides smooth and i had a blast, was worth pissing off the wife :grin: .......arrived at the eastern edge of Missoula at 5pm........bad timing, freaking rush hour even taking interstate most of the way through it took me 45 minutes to get through that dang town.........i hate Missoula..........then i was on my way to my boss's house in Florence which is roughtly 25 miles down the valley from Missoula.

Friday morning we get up and go skiing at Lost Trail which is about 70 miles south of Missoula quite litterally a stones throw away from Idaho. when the girls were at the top of the mountain i believe they were in Idaho, some one with a good arm could have hit the border with a rock from the deck of the lodge as its nessled at the top of the pass.......i sat by the fire all day and enjoyed my book.

Saturday morning we got up and hit the road for Fairmont Hot Springs which was about a hour and a half back the way we came on the interstate but there is a pass between Missoula and there so once again i had the wife covering her eyes :grin: we spent Saturday swiming at the hot springs and stayed at my inlaws condo. saturday night Darla's baby sister and her husband showed up and we stayed up BSing and catching up. Sunday the lot of us headed up to Discovery Basin to go skiing again where i got the chance to finish my book.......realizing i forgot the next book in the series at home left me a bit torqued off and spent the rest of the afternoon throwing snow balls at my step-daughters, sister-in-law and her husband when they hit the bottom of the slope, this cheered me up a lil..........

Sunday night at about 1:30a.m. Darlas other sister gets in..........yesterday morning we got up, had breakfast with and went swimming with Darlas sisters and than hit the road at about 11:30a.m., this time taking the north route through Helena and Great Falls........up to Havre(roughly 30 miles from the Canuck border) and across the hi-line to home which is roughly 8 hours without stops and cruising at roughly 70mph, unfortunatly we had some stops and got impatient.......between Great Falls and Havre i discovered that truck cruises nicely at 90-95mph...........we got home at about 11:30 last night.................

That's nothing. I caught a bus 3 miles to work this morning and 3 miles back this afternoon. Tomorrow night, I have to drive to school, which is 4 miles over to the next town. Good thing I have the day off from work so I can be emotionally prepared for the drive.

geez Bruce, sounds rough, i dont know how you'll survive.......................... :poke:

Back