What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is my name yellow? errr... Green?

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
I missed the yellow. :( Did you try a dark gold color? There IS a difference between yellow and gold. Yellow tends to be blinding. A good dark gold shouldn't be.

The green is Ok. Geez...miss a day or two on the forums and you fall behind. So some of us have Premium features NOW as a sample?

hey this is exciting! Can I get my unlimited pm's with that?

pak see the last post in the closed topic on the subject. rubra- i think i have you guys in a happy medium. 150 instead of 75? something like that.. it says in that other topic. hehe

Green is pretty cool. Maybe cuz it's St. Patty's Day. I have a green nose from trying to lick up spilled Guinness off the bar, green lips and teeth cuz the hot bartender thought she would be funny and give me extra green dye just cuz I said I want a green Guinness. My cousin has a green forearm cuz he passed out in the Guinness. Is Guinness not the greatest beer ever. I kinda want a green name too now.

<font size="4">The yellow I used <font color="yellow">adnedarn</font>
Goldenrod1- <font color="#fbb917">adnedarn</font>
Gold2- <font color="#EAC117">adnedarn</font>
Like one of these better than the green? Any color you could possibly want can be used: http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm </font size>

Geez...miss a day or two on the forums and you fall behind.

No kidding, PAK. I just got back from a wedding in TN and feel like I missed out on a ton having only read a couple threads so far!

Thanks, Andrew, for the temporary upgrade. I hope that with use we can all talk about how cool it is and hopefully clear up any crazy unfounded misconceptions that have arisen. I am excited, and I think Green is perfect.

xvart.

ditto. green is a good color. i have a concern though for the mods and admins. admins have red names and mods have blue. if they get the Premium would they turn to green? stay red and blue? or be a whole different color? i also STILL support the whole premium thing. the buy/sell forum is an awesome idea...and a way to get a little extra money :)
Alex

i think the mod's should either get the change automatically, OR they pay and get alternating colors

mods would stay same color. To keep from confusion... Check out the list of who i've upgraded (Nepg??) who ever it was is still the same color.
Andrew

I still say go for "gold." The reason? Some colors have certain meanings associated with them. Like...red is often used for "stop" or "warning" or "anger". Pink is usually associated with things like softness, women, love, calmness (police stations often had a "pink room" to place violent people as it has a calming effect). Green is associated with "go" and money. And GOLD has always been associated with things like royalty, money, pinnacle of achievement (gold trophies, gold medals, etc.).

SO...to make someone's name green or blue or purple...isn't going to have the impact or the "meaning" that the gold color would have. Gold is "special." Green is nice...its "planty" but if you use green, its going to look like someone just chose green to use as a color for their name. Its not going to look like its a "designation" for a premium member.

That's my 2-cents. I think the premium membership should be clearly defined.

Back