What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Coolest Guy Ever!!!

Yesterday was Career Day at my school and my AP Bio teacher got a Biology professor from FSU. It turns out that he's doing a bunch of research on the organisms that live inside of S. purpurea ssp. venosa and S. rosea pitchers. I was able to talk to him after the presentation and he said that If I emailed him he'd give me the locations of some of his favorite CP sites.

That's cool. Maybe he elaborate on the current global warming trends and how they affect the critters due to changing dormancy periods.

yeah, he mainly does the studies as a little community study about evolution, because the organisms go through so many generations so quickly.
What he does is take out the main predators and sees how that effects the mini envoronment

Dave, you are goofy!! All you have to do is head west to Hosford and you will find VFT's and Sarracenia leucophylla's in the wild. Head south to Wilma and Sumatra, Fla., and you will find stands of S. flava's, S. purpurea's, S. psittacina's, P. planifolia's and P. ionantha's, and they are NO secret. Avalon Beach, Miramar Beach, Bagdad, Chipola River, all in sunny FLORIDA!!!!!!! And many more places I could direct you to. Walton County, Fla., ALL OVER DE PLACE!!!! Cool? There are many places that are no secret to anyone!!!! You should see the Air Force Base near Panama City. LOADED with CP. OOPS! That's no secret either!!

lol, I'm sorry, what I meant were exact locations where I could meet him and he could show me what he's doing with the plants.
He also said that he's met Barry Rice and is pretty good friends with his brother

And? I know Barry, and he is no different than anyone else. Nice though, and thats a plus.

it would just be cool to meet him, aswell as any of you cool people :)

Back