What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a new love, British comedy!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
I was introduced to British comedy from late night TV screenings of the classic Ealing Studio films like "The Lavender Hill Mob", "Kind Hearts and Coronets" and the "Carry-On" series, "Morgan: a suitable case for treatment" as well as the radio classics like Spike Milligan's "Goon Show", recordings of "Beyond the Fringe", films by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. TV also brought us "Monty Python's Flying Circus", "Dad's Army", "Are You Being Served" "Allo! Allo!", "Benny Hill"... you name it.

PBS and BBC America are favorite stations because of the comedy material.

"Benny Hill", "Wallace & Grommit", "Allo! Allo!", and "Last of the Summer Wine" are some of my favorites. The one I miss though is "Allo! All"

cheeeeeeese grommit :-))

Monty Python is da Bomb. Faulty Towers is hillarious.

Heck, I enjoy almost ALL forms of humor. The only kind I don't like is "uncomfortable humor," like in Meet the Parents.

The first time my wife and I watched 'Are you being served' the old lady with the blue hair was talking about going home to "pet her pu$$#%" . It wasn't until half way through the show we realized she was talking about her cat. TO FUNNY!

The IT Crowd was quite funny - I think a second series is planned.
Thanks for posting that, great news- My friend brought over a disc to check out one episode and we burned through the entire run in one sitting, we just couldn't stop

Found out the new series is being filmed this week!

Check out 'Man to Man with Dean Learner' if you liked the IT Crowd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_SCV8XwkX8

--------

What about US comedies as well?

I love My Name Is Earl, and Frasier and Friends of course :jester:

Last edited:
Heres an old school one for you. Anyone remember "Red Dwarf"? Or how about "Father Ted" or " Brittas Empire", these are currently running. The Brits are HILARIOUS:-)) . They are so much more willing to be self-effacing. They definately have a way better sense of humor about their culture than we as Americans do.....:crazy:

Oh almost forgot. ANYTHING with John Cleese in it is top shelf in IMHO.

They do seem to enjoy cross dressing, don't they :)

Has anybody seen The Office, LOL that show is awesome. Fawlty towers?

John Cleese is great, whether it be Monty Python, Fawlty Towers or the commercials!

I'm not a big fan of Catherine Tate at all, sorry!

Have a look for Alan Partridge on You Tube :-))

Monty P! "Its thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the far end." - Ann Elk ( a Brontosaurus... :-)) )

Monty Python movies are classic :) I liked it in The Meaning of Life when the leaves commit suicide lmao.

Some of my favorites:

Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Father Ted
BlackAdder
Jeeves and Wooster(and other Stephen Fry / Hugh Laurie)
ITCrowd
Mr. Bean(and other Rowan Atkinson)

Back