What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a new love, British comedy!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
When I was younger I thought British comedy was stupid. I guess because I was too young to understand, but lately i've been watching Catherine Tate and Little Britain and Eddie Izzard, etc. It ROCKS! It's very different from American comedy, I don't know how it's different but it is. I wonder why? I get MOST of the stuff in it but not all of it.

Anyone else love British comedy?

I don't know the other two, but Eddie Izzard is one of the funniest comedians there is.

Delightfully preposterous- my kind of comedy. Of course I find many preposterous things funny… no one I knew in highschool back at my hometown enjoyed it.

Is far as im concerned, they can keep their, their blue-collar comedy tour or whatever. Its not my kind of humor.

While I sometimes find some British comedy humorous, for the most part I cannot stand it! I do not know why, I just dislike it. However, I can understand why others enjoy it, so I am not anti-British comedy.

xvart.

Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearences, are a few of my favorites. Its not a comedy, but Dr. Who is another of my favorite British shows.

If you like British comedy you should check out "Old Greg" on Youtube. I think it's "Old Greg." Some guys that work for me made me watch it. It was one of those times that I sort of laughed, and sort of wished the clip wasn't seven minutes long...

xvart.

Old Gregg what happens when a transsexual pimp watches Swamp Thing and takes acid lol

Mr. Bean all the way!:-O

"Extras" is pretty funny.

There's a show I saw a couple of weeks ago, as far as I know there were only 6-8 episodes but it was some funny stuff, called the I.T. Crowd and it's about these Techie slackers at a big company- kind of like Fawlty Towers the way the characters are set up, REALLY light and super hilarious (and the episodes move FAST, not like some of the stuff like xvart mentioned there, I KNOW how that is)

Red Dwarf!!!!

The Young Ones, The Black Adder, Monty Python

Eddie Izzard is great. I wish he'd do a new standup show though!

Try looking for Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock, Frankie Boyle, Peter Kay and Dave Spikey on You Tube :-D

The IT Crowd was quite funny - I think a second series is planned.

Peep Show is also really good. Someone's put a whole episode on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_rhKO0liAc

The IT Crowd was quite funny - I think a second series is planned.
Thanks for posting that, great news- My friend brought over a disc to check out one episode and we burned through the entire run in one sitting, we just couldn't stop :D

Eddie Izzard is great. I wish he'd do a new standup show though!

He stars in a new show on FX called the Riches. I think there's a new episode (the second episode) on tonight.

It looked like a nice family show on the commercials but it's definitely not lol.

Keeping up appearances, Monty P, and Mr. Bean are all favorites.

Ive got the DVD collection of the "Young Ones", and some of Ab fab... and have always loved monty python and of course benny hill

when i was a young pup the only female breast that you could see on the tele was the occasional glimpse during Monty Python... I was hooked LOL

and now for something completely different...
Av

ohhh and black adder OMG and the one with the priests on the small island, omg forgot the name...... good stuff!

I grew up with Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Mr. Bean, Keeping Up Appearances, and now have seen the first 5 episodes of Red Dwarf. It's different and ya have to stay on top of the accent. Lots of sarcasm / dry humour!

Monty Python! Young Ones, Benny Hill, Wallace & Grommit.. been a big fan of British humor fer quite some time now..
Dr. Who, while usually not too funny is still very entertaining.

Oh yeah, and Ali G IS in da houuuuse...

Haha I forgot all about Mr. Bean. And BlackAdder was great too although my preference on that show is series 3, BlackAdder Goes Forth. I believe thats the one where they were in WWII.

Another one that I have seen a few episodes of that I liked but cant seem to find anywhere is called Hero.

There is another one that my parents used to love called Are You Being Served which is also pretty funny.

Back