What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"new" interpertation of endangerd species act

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date
Bush isn't from Maine, he's from Connecticut. But his scheming, belligerent ignorance is pure Texas. The thing that amazes me about Texas is how he could get away with affecting a Texas accent and prissing about in cowboy boots and hat. Having lived in Mississippi when I was a kid and graduated from Ole Miss, I can honestly say that a prep school-Ivy League boy from CT would be a laughing stock if he tried the same in Mississippi. And, in defense of Maine, where I lived for several years, Mainers think the same of someone trying to act native. But not Texans; they elected him governor.

Jalp, he won one election not two.

Shhhh Ozzy! Not even the Surpeme Court talks about that strange blunder.

I just do not understand all of the pure hatred directed against our president. Why so much hate? He may not be the sharpest tack on the board but he was elected twice…twice…get over it.

As far as Busch signing the re-interpretation of the endangered species list, are you positive he is not doing the right thing? The North American Crocodile was just taken off the list. Was that a bad thing?

Al Gore got an academy award. Now that is funny. :jester:

Well for starters he's a republican :)

Who's up for a bald eagle hunt? I hear it tastes just like chicken.

Yes he is doing the wrong thing.

He wont add any new ones unless he is sued, and we know for a fact that this will remove protection of what these species need- their own habitat. He is just making it eisier to develop areas by removing critical habitats bey removing the species from the list- no species, no protected habitat. No-holds barred development now, see? It doesnt matter how rare or recoverd the species is. Special interest over the existance of another species. What is not to hate?!

The american crocidile is a abundant species that has recoverd from past exploitation. That was removed becaused it was no longer endangered. These species are currently no doubt endandgered under the current law. This is changing the law so that they are not endangered, while the species may still be in the low 100's, but if it has ONE island where it is currently holding its own, it is not endangered.. There is obvious difference between the two

With pitcherplans, thats saying that k most of its habitat is destroyed and many poached, but there is still one bog where they can be fairly common (a stronghold). So that would make them not endangered, no matter how many other bogs it once inhabited. Thats whats gonna happen to the CP's under the new law.

Finch..................just for argument whats your stand on the northern gray wolf? it has never been endangered as good populations have always existed in Alaska and Canada however until recently(last year or so) they have been considered endangered in the lower 48? personally i dont feel they should have been reintroduced(they were making their way down on their own anyways in sane numbers) let alone protected by the endangered species act in Montana Idaho and Wyoming

I just do not understand all of the pure hatred directed against our president. Why so much hate?

I can't speak for other people, but I'll try to list some of the reasons I despise bush.

He didn't win the first election, he was appointed by the supreme court.

He didn't defend America when we were attacked. The person that attacked us is still running free and planning another attack while we are fighting a useless war in Iraq. The only reason we went to Iraq was to kill Saddam.

If we had spent the resources that we spent in Iraq in Afghanistan, Bin Laden would have been hanging from the end of a rope instead of Saddam. The rest of the world wouldn't despise us, they would have stood behind us just like they did right after the 9/11 attacks. There was no real reason to invade Iraq. Saddam was posed no threat to us at all. He was contained in Iraq. Terrorists were executed in Iraq under Saddam, now it's the biggest breading ground for them. Bush has created way more terrorist than he's killed. There is so much hatred for Americans now, way more than there used to be, and it's all because of bush.

Bush has killed thousands of Americans, for no reason. There is no way to count the civilians that have been killed. One report has it at 194,000 people. In my opinion all that blood is on bushes hands.

He is the most dishonest president we ever had. Nixon was impeached for having somebody break into an apartment and record conversations.

You know what I am tired of every few months typing out all the reasons that bush is the evil person that he is. He has violated our constitution and our bill of rights. He has made it legal to ease drop on any American. Look at the disaster our economy is in. Look at the damage he has done to the environment. All of that pales when you compare it to the people he has killed. People will be dying years from now because of that piece of scum.

Did I mention he looks like Curious George and he's retarded?

Even other republicans don't like him. So if you can't see why everybody hates that pile of ####, then you have to be as retarded as he is.

One thing that is so wrong, is that he attacks people who are against the war. He tries to say that they are against the troops and unamerican. Why am I unamerican or antitroops when I am speaking out to save them. He's the one that has killed them just to settle a personal vendetta.

He says that if I say that there was no reason for this war, than I'm dishonoring all the men that have died for my freedom, but the war wasn't about my freedom it was about bushes revenge.

Donald Trump recently said it way better than I ever could. I can't find the sound byte, but if somebody can please post it.

:cry: Ozzy, your're my hero!

As far as Busch signing the re-interpretation of the endangered species list, are you positive he is not doing the right thing? The North American Crocodile was just taken off the list. Was that a bad thing?

Under this new legislation the crocodile will go back on the endangered list real soon as habitat is destroyed.

Al Gore got an academy award. Now that is funny. :jester:

However you may feel about this, it's one more award than Bush will ever get.

Donald Trump recently said it way better than I ever could. I can't find the sound byte, but if somebody can please post it.

I normally don't like Donald Trump, but did find his comments interesting. Here is what I read on cnn.com on Friday with a link to the full transcript below:

CNN.com said:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Donald Trump has two words for the Bush Administration: "You're fired."

The business mogul didn't hold back in criticizing the administration in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer Friday, calling President Bush, "probably the worst president in the history of the United States." (Read full interview transcript [PDF])

He labeled former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld a "disaster," and accused Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice of "never making a deal." He also charged Vice President **** Cheney of sugarcoating the conditions in Iraq.

"I don't know if they're bad people. I don't know what's going on. I just know they got us into a mess, the likes of which this country has probably never seen," Trump said. "It's one of the great catastrophes of all time." (Watch Video: Trump sounds off on politics)

He also said the best course of action in Iraq is to "declare victory and leave."

"Because, I'll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down," Trump said. "They're in a civil war over there. There's nothing that we're going to be able to do with a civil war."

Asked whether Trump was considering making a bid to succeed President Bush, he said he was "not interested in running," though admitted, "It would certainly be fun. It would certainly be interesting."

Trump also sized up some of the current presidential candidates, calling Sen. Hillary Clinton "very talented, very smart," Sen. Barack Obama a "star," former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani "very formidable in every way," and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney a "very attractive guy." He also said he "respects" Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Full Transcript here at CNN.com

I just hope he's still alive when the history books can start accurately writing about him in the context of history, so that he can read about how he is the worst president... EVER! The fact that he won the second election does not stand to his greatness; in fact, I think it reflects back on the people that voted for him. He wins with what? 51% of the vote and then goes off on a wild "I have this political capital and a mandate to govern?" I don't think so. Look back at Reagan and how almost every state was red on the electoral college results. That, is a mandate and tons of political capital.

xvart.

Last edited:
Crud, hope it doesn't pass:-( We could always relocate the VFT's back to venus and the cobra lilys could go to mars....wouldn't that be cool if there was like an entire planet filled with just CP's and bugs...lol, I'm really tired.

Finch..................just for argument whats your stand on the northern gray wolf? it has never been endangered as good populations have always existed in Alaska and Canada however until recently(last year or so) they have been considered endangered in the lower 48? personally i dont feel they should have been reintroduced(they were making their way down on their own anyways in sane numbers) let alone protected by the endangered species act in Montana Idaho and Wyoming

Grey wolf...
800px-Wolf_distr.gif

240px-Status_iucn3.1_LC.svg.png

Hunting should be regulated. Policy-makers in these states do not have a clue what population level a large predator needs to remain viable. Idaho's govener wants it to be 100... this is not a viable poulation level for a large mammal. Introducing the mammal to its former range is a good idea, because the flora is severely harmed by selective browsing by herbivores in its absance.
Prior to and even after reintroduction many hunters claimed that wolves would wipe out entire populations of elk, deer and other ungulates, most ecosystems where wolves have been reintroduced have become much healthier than they were before wolves. Since Wolves have arrived, the food chain within the Yellowstone ecosystem has been re-ordered to deliver a banquet that favors a more varied array of species. Prior to wolves, high numbers of elk were linked to declines in aspen and willow communities, which negatively affected beaver and moose. Pre-wolf, coyote numbers swelled, affecting small rodent populations, foxes, and the production of pronghorn antelope. Pre-wolf scavengers had slimmer pickings. Today with wolves taking elk, reducing their numbers, and leaving more carcasses on the landscape, grizzlies and wolverines have easier access to more meat, meaning a better chance for larger litters of cubs and pups. Coyote numbers have been significantly reduced, meaning more mice and pocket gophers for foxes and avian predators like hawks and eagles.[35] Wolves play an undeniably important role in the environment and through education organizations some people may be slowly getting the message that they are vital. In addition, reports have been published placing the value of revenue from wolf-watching as upward of $25 million.

Vital component for the ecosystem, indeed. Should be de-listed and made into a non-game, protected species. If hunting... policy whould be directed by people who know something more about the animals than what they read in fairy-tales.

Canada lives with wolves, and you dont hear them B****** about high population numbers. People gotta larn to live with it, the canadians show its not that hard!

wouldn't that be cool if there was like an entire planet filled with just CP's and bugs

There used to be a planet like that. But the cp's were replaced with golf courses and resorts.

I believe that the latest census shows that there are about 2000 crocodiles in the state of Florida. Yes, that number is up from the 300 about 20 years ago - but it is hardly an assurance that the numbers will not decline as south Florida becomes one large continuous piece of concrete. I believe on the federal level they are going to be downgraded to threatened, but on the state level they will still be listed as endangered. I have no idea what that actually means in the real world, but here where developers can entomb gopher tortoises alive with concrete on their sites by buying a pemit, it probably isn't good. I bet if there were only 2000 pitcher plants in the US and the endangered ones were about to be delisted you folks would be screaming about storming the government and chaining yourselves to plants in swamps - but hey, they're only crocodiles and they're not in your state.

Seriously something has to be done against this.....THAT MORON .....aaah,.......freaking..............whats the point..... :( . I don't understand why America still has him as a president. He obviously isn't even useful as a gardener.

Seriously something has to be done against this.....THAT MORON .....aaah,.......freaking..............whats the point..... :( . I don't understand why America still has him as a president. He obviously isn't even useful as a gardener.

If Bush had Clinton's background he would have been impeached a long time ago.

There used to be a planet like that. But the cp's were replaced with golf courses and resorts.

lol.

xvart.

Oh come on so the man likes a little... pleasure once and awhile. Surely you didn't expect him to be attracted to Hilary.

If I knew Hilary I get the feeling I wouldn't like her lol. Just a feeling I get. I'm going to vote for her, though. Unless Oprah runs.

Ohhhhh OK.

I wonder if Bush bought a new desk for the Oral Office? Whoo I'd feel uncomfortable in the old desk :0o:

Shh I better be quiet about that before I get in trouble :)

Canada lives with wolves, and you dont hear them B****** about high population numbers. People gotta larn to live with it, the canadians show its not that hard!

Canucks are allowed to shoot the f'in things.......................

Fact: since reintroduction elk birth rates have dropped dramatically in Yellowstone..........not only are the wolves eating the elk but they are interupting their breeding patterns and alot fewer elk are even being born.

Fact: the reintroduction of wolves has started the decline of mountain lions in Montana, a large predator whos range was actually expanding even though they were switched directly from an animal with a bounty on its head to a game animal with no compete protected status

Canucks are allowed to shoot the f'in things.......................

Fact: their populations are huge
Fact: they are not trying to eliminate or reduce the range

Fact: since reintroduction elk birth rates have dropped dramatically in Yellowstone..........not only are the wolves eating the elk but they are interupting their breeding patterns and alot fewer elk are even being born.

Fact: The yellowstone elk survival rates dropped because their predators had been brought back in. They yellowstone elk was overpopulated. Thats what the park managers wanted. They had almost completely eaten the willow and aspen. Lower population numbers are needed to sustain healthy Riparian communities! The elk population numbers were out of control, and much higher than their counterparts to the north. Not only are they eating the elk (would you rather CATTLE?) but they are reducing them, EXACTLY as what was needed.

Fact: the reintroduction of wolves has started the decline of mountain lions in Montana, a large predator whos range was actually expanding even though they were switched directly from an animal with a bounty on its head to a game animal with no compete protected status

mountain lions had expanded in the absence of wolves.... and now they decline with their return. go figure

Back