What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd Shipping Problem

Has this happened to anybody else?

I received an envelope today that was supposed to have a CP in it. There was a hole torn in the envelope that appeared to be an accident. I took out the baggie and noticed that there was a hole in that too, but it didn't seem to be a problem. Then I looked closer....

All damp moss but no plant! I find it odd that an envelope containing suspicious looking plant stuff was accidentally damaged to that degree. I'm amused at the idea of the DEA swooping in to see this questionable delivery and probably having no idea what it is. I guess if I start to see helicopters following me around town, I'll know why.

I'd love it if they came to search the house and found a closet full of plants under growlights. I'd give them a capensis or 10 for their troubles.

-Brian

PS it was a free capensis "alba" so it is ok. Had it been something like a hamata then there would be a slightly different tone to this post.

I have had stuff sent in envolopes before that were caught in the sorter and ripped open.. they are then sent in a baggy with a " we're sorry" note. I've also had a box inspected before, and there was a note in there too telling me so.
Andrew

I had a problem with this but instead i just lose the package all together, its just the dang Ohio mail. but its usually when I send it out.

Has this happened to anybody else?

I received an envelope today that was supposed to have a CP in it. There was a hole torn in the envelope that appeared to be an accident. I took out the baggie and noticed that there was a hole in that too, but it didn't seem to be a problem. Then I looked closer....

All damp moss but no plant! I find it odd that an envelope containing suspicious looking plant stuff was accidentally damaged to that degree. I'm amused at the idea of the DEA swooping in to see this questionable delivery and probably having no idea what it is. I guess if I start to see helicopters following me around town, I'll know why.

I'd love it if they came to search the house and found a closet full of plants under growlights. I'd give them a capensis or 10 for their troubles.

-Brian

PS it was a free capensis "alba" so it is ok. Had it been something like a hamata then there would be a slightly different tone to this post.

I got a free alba too and the envelope was also ripped. Though that bag wasnt and the plant was still in the bag.

For the fun of it I would wonder what would happen if an envelope was sent through with coffee grounds and a note saying: GOTCHA!:boogie:

I'm amused at the idea of the DEA swooping in to see this questionable delivery and probably having no idea what it is. I guess if I start to see helicopters following me around town, I'll know why.

-Brian

Actually, they come busting in your door, guns in your face, seize all your plants in a rough way while you have a knee in the back of your neck.
Guilty until proven innocent.
When it looks like you're innocent, your plants will probly be dying in an evidence warehouse and they'll be determined to find you guilty of something because they know you're "up to something"

I swear too many Police Officers watch "Cops"

quogue, as much as i would love to rip on some police officers with you, their are Police officers on the boards and well they don't take kindly to talk like that.

meh w/e

It escaped! There's a killer plant on the loose! Bolt your doors and block your windows!

I got a free alba too and the envelope was also ripped. Though that bag wasnt and the plant was still in the bag.

The feds know what's good for them. If we keep on spreading these capensis everywhere, they'll be over to easily overthrow the government and instate a Capensimony. Why do you capensis shippers all hate democracy? :-(

Maybe a rat chewed through your stuff!

xvart.

yeah well as long as I don't have to go explaining to any uniformed officials as to why I'm trying to spread the plague of drosera on society...

quogue, as much as i would love to rip on some police officers with you, their are Police officers on the boards and well they don't take kindly to talk like that.

meh w/e

Oh wow I'm already on some list then! Lol, all I know of is Copper and I know she's a DEA agent or something like that. I'm convinced she's the nicest DEA agent 'cause she sent me plants when I went into rehab lol. She may be a cop but I DO like her. I wonder what happened to her? Man in a line of work like that I hope she's ok.

@ OP: I've had things sent to me and had the same experience as Andrew. Something was wet and weakend/ripped the envelope or it got shredded by the sorting machines and they put it in a sorry-for-the-inconcenience baggy.

@ Clint: Copper is still alive! As you mentioned she's a cop (and she's prez of the NASC) so she's quite busy.

Your forgetting wolf9striker. If I recall correctly he is also an ocifer. And a long time forum member. Traded with him a time or two and will do so again if the opportunity presents itself.

(Man! That sounds like I'm full of myself!)

:offtopic: Member "adnedarnsbro " is a cop too.... And actually I remember even a few more that don't really "announce" here they are cops. It's a shame it seems members here don't like cops so much that these people would rather it not be known. :offtopic:

I thought Wolf was a soldier? I guess he's also a cop. Yes sorry Andrew we ARE sort of OT.

Anyways, back OT (Hey on topic and off topic have the same abbreviations!) They can't search or seize your package without probable cause. Sometimes if a package is lost they will open it up and slip a letter in there.

Envelopes can have small items "popped" out by the machines that handle them and that would explain why your holes matched. You'd think a plant would be crushed, though, insteaded of popping through the envelope since it's not hard.

hmmmm.... i wonder if there would be fewer occurances of damaged plants if senders started including a note with the species and breif description of the plants. sort of like a packing list identifying the contents.

Envelopes can have small items "popped" out by the machines that handle them and that would explain why your holes matched. You'd think a plant would be crushed, though, insteaded of popping through the envelope since it's not hard.

I'm telling you, man, that thing burrowed out and escaped on its own. You people have to watch that SuperThrive. Here's an artist's rendition of the results of SuperThrive abuse.

Mine was a VFT rhyzome, it never grew... :-\ Goes to show why PLANTS should be in BOXES!! (I sent mine to him USPS priority I get his in an envolope. ha (wasn't too funny) See below.

Oh my God! I thought you guys were talking priority mail cardboard envelopes! Not a LETTER envelope!

I've had a package of YEAST get caught in the machinery that sorts the letter envelopes. Plants should NEVER be sent in a normal letter envelope!

That's almost as bad as the time someone threw a nepenthes in a box with peanuts. No bags or towels, just a dried, dead nepenthes with peanuts lmao. He made good on it though.

Back