What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My CP's have some competition

• Thread starter disco
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pest

disco

aqua teen hunger force assemble!!
I have a Bat on my house!!!!! if i weren't scared of rabies and it biting me i would catch it. they can be a pest if too many are in one area. something like their poop gives off toxic fumes or something lol i dunno much about it but i thought it was cool and i took pics and wanted to share
batty004.jpg

batty003.jpg

batty002.jpg

batty001.jpg

Amazing. I see them fly around here at night, but have never seen them infesting a house. They are like rodents...I think. Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry...I think bats are creepy. They are just ugly. And creepy. And boney with little claws and sharp teeth. But most of all...very fast with erratic flight. Ugh.

Aww, it so cute!:love:

bats are my favorite animals!! so cute!

only 0.5% of bats carry rabies. they usually die when they contract it. so don't handle it...it might bite you if it thinks you're trying to hurt it...but don't get overly paranoid, either.

Awww how cute!

Call animal control if you haven't.

xvart.

i would not want those around... especially since i have a kidd-o. don't they carry diseases? better safe than sorry even though i have a feeling that we're more of a threat than the bat is to us.

Once I found a bat in a wastebasket at a ranch where I vacation every year - it had somehow flown into the office and couldn't climb out of the basket because the sides were too smooth. I'd always had an indifferent attitude towards bats until I handled one up close, but they're super cute. They make funny squeaky noises and when they walk on all fours they look like mice wearing flippers. Still, not super sanitary or good to have nesting in or on the house... you should probably seal up the openings around your roof as a precaution. If you like having them around (they can be very beneficial) you can build a spacious bat box for about $10 and hang it somewhere on the property.
~Joe

.... to the Batmobile, Robin....

No, buy a bat box, it would help the bat is the long shot.

I have seen bat boxes at lowes before.We have plenty of them flying around here in the summer.Throw a rock up in the air when you see some flying and they will chase it,heck me and my son were out in the yard throwing a baseball and they would chase it.They are neat critters.

Jerry

I wouldn't buy a bat box build one...

I am lazy. So I just would buy one.:sleep:

Back