What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAva wont work

Ive tried updating it, ive tried uninstaling it, ive tried making sure the URL's are ok in firefox, ive tried it in explorer, ive checked my fire wall... but Every time i use Any kind of java program (mostly Chat's) It wont work! :blush:

Any Idea's?

Do you have the "NoSript" plugin installed? If you have a capital letter "S" in the lower right corner of your browser window with a red circle and a slash through it, then java scripts are being blocked

No, I don't have any add ons in firefox, I'm running Windows Vista, and it closes the whole browser.

Are you using any anti viral software with ad-blocking features? Norton in particular is horrid for blocking even the good content.

Vista is a RPITA. It's probably related to UAC (user account control). Most likely java doesn't have rights to access a directory somewhere.

You could try opening the command prompt window and typing "java" (without the quotes) and press enter and see what error messages come up.

Or you can get Process Monitor from Microsoft and you can snoop at what java or intenet exploder is doing.

See possibly related issue.

Back