What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate swamps!

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I had found a swamp in my town in a place I never go so I decide it couldn't hurt to take a look. After a bit I kicked some thing white and pretty big. I look down and there was a dear skull and 3 ft of spinal cord there, :puke: I wanted to then but the swamp stopped me. So I keep going and I come to a old carpet or so I thought I stepped on it then came the smell of rotting dear meat so I quickly get off and go around. Then I see teeth marks all over ribs and legs all around until I could get out! I hated that swamp and I am going to have go back there and prove it to my brothers!:cry:

Blasphemer! Swamps and bogs rock!

Iono about you guys but if I stepped into a rotting deer corpse, I'd be a little freaked out as well. o.o;

Partially because whatever did that might still be close.

Lets just say I can walk there in 1 minute.:-(

Maybe it'll prevent you from having to say, "I hate back yards" later this year after a deer eats all of your plants.

No, I have a fenced in yard, the swamp is just out side the house line. In fact there is a busy road between the bog and my yard, the animal I believe scannaged on the dear as the place was really hard to get out of.:-))

We have a swamp at the edge of our backyard... really stinks sometimes...

We have a lake in our front yard that's slowly turning into a swamp due to development. If that counts.

deer.jpg

Found this in the Woods... and took a picture for the hell of it

No, I have a fenced in yard, the swamp is just out side the house line. In fact there is a busy road between the bog and my yard, the animal I believe scannaged on the dear as the place was really hard to get out of.:-))

I grew up down the street from a State Park, used to see herds of Deer wandering through the Suburban neighborhood sometimes. Believe me they jump right over fences like nuthin!

I grew up down the street from a State Park, used to see herds of Deer wandering through the Suburban neighborhood sometimes. Believe me they jump right over fences like nuthin!

The university where I work has tons of deer. There is a nature preserve right next to the school, and I routinely see upwards of eight to ten deer cruising on campus. In fact, when I go running down by the track, they are often on the inside of the track eating away at the grass. They are beautiful animals, and they aren't scared of all of the students either, since I am often come within ten feet of them while running.

Its called life.

And death.

xvart.

Last edited:
Yeah, down here in Northern Florida there are TONS of swampy and boggy places.
My house is actually 3 feet below the water line in Tally so our entire yard is filled with constantly moist soil and is filled with water oaks that have a bad tendancy to fall down on our house.

When I was deer hunting there were deer corpses everywhere. And if that grosses you out you should try cleaning them.

Back