What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im just so happy it's spring!

Uhh, yeah, right spring is where?

My house at about 8:00pm this evening.

What I really want to see is the picture of you after your wife got through with you for leaving the door open while you took that picture. :-))

Wow BCK! A month ago I would have been jealous but...no snow for us so on with Spring!

I'm with you JLAP. I LOVE spring! You feel energized and happy. Birds are singing, trees are leafing, flowers are blooming. And a cold glass of unsweetened ice tea with a lot of ice...heavenly!

:-D

Wow BCK! A month ago I would have been jealous but...no snow for us so on with Spring!

I'm with you JLAP. I LOVE spring! You feel energized and happy. Birds are singing, trees are leafing, flowers are blooming. And a cold glass of unsweetened ice tea with a lot of ice...heavenly!

:-D

Unsweetened? Which Virginia do you live in? :-(

Yeah that's gross lol. You're supposed to have tea-flavored syrup that's a third lemon Juice and a whole mint plant or two in it!

Bradford Pears

Truly a horrid invasive species, and bradfords like to destinigrate from their inherently poor branching angles at the age of 15 and destroy everything under them.

Truly a horrid invasive species, and bradfords like to destinigrate from their inherently poor branching angles at the age of 15 and destroy everything under them.

so ive heard. wiki says that if they are properly trimmed at an early age that isnt as much of a problem... i think they are pretty...just nasty smelling.
Alex

I think they smell like bleach.

pretty, no denying. If you want a pear, the fruit tree has a pretty spectacular display as well and fruit to boot. Much longer-lived, also.

oh yeh... people have allergies to tree pollen dont they. I guess i wont be the only person noticing those...

http://remote.atlantaallergy.com/pollencount/

Given we have had the 2nd and 4th highest counts on record in the last week I am most definitly not happy.

Watching the aerodynamics of cars based on the pollen flow over them is kinda cool though

I had to use my nebulizer today :( I've got to have a treatment every 4 hours. I hate it.

I didn't know pollen counts even got that high lol.

Unsweetened? Which Virginia do you live in? :-(

LOL Yes I know. How very un-Southern of me. :rolleyes: I hate sweet tea. Trust me...if you give up the sweetener for two weeks...you'll never go back to it. Sweetener totally masks the flavor of the tea. You're just drinking sugar water. Blech! I did grow up on sweet tea and I don't even remember why I stopped it. I do like lemon or a mint leaf in my tea though, so I'm still somewhat Southernish. :D

Sweet tea should be the consistency of hummingbird food.

That's gross. Sugar coma.

I don't like grits either but I'll never pass up a country ham biscuit and Brunswick stew. Yum!

"Country ham" is 95% salt. Blah that stuff is NAAASTY!

Brunswick stew looks like it's already been thrown up. Lmao

Brunswick stew looks like it's already been thrown up. Lmao
bs.jpg

I think I'm going to be sick...:puke:

he best though is music camp. Four weeks this year in Colorado!
Where abouts here in Colorado are you doing camp? I live about 100 miles west of Colorado Springs.

What I really want to see is the picture of you after your wife got through with you for leaving the door open while you took that picture. :-))
Uhh, yea. I heard about it for about 10 minutes. She pulled up just as I took the picture :oops: . Then we went for ice tea and pecan pie :boogie: .

the brunswick stew reminds me of a pasty i ate. i got a migraine, and then discovered that the pasty tasted and looked the same (except for the pastry) on the way back up as on the way down

I want to like tea, but it's kind of hard, since when you sweeten it too much it tastes bad, but if not at all it's baaaad

Back