What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chocolate Jesus

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
rofl @ Bruce.

I don't see the big deal either. And it wouldn't be had some zealot not made an big stink over it.

Its just a piece of art and pretty amazing being made out of chocolate. I can imagine that was very difficult to work with. I saw some interviews with the artist. He said it was "my Sweet Jesus" or "my sweet Lord." He's actually a Catholic himself. Who cares if the loincloth was left off. If Jesus was a man, then I'm sure he had a penis. There are a gazillion pieces of fully nude art. I think Catholics have a lot more to worry about than a chocolate penis...such as all the pedophile priests that are molesting children. That sculputure is one just one of thousands of depictions of the cruxifiction of Christ.

Far too much of a hoopla being made of it IMHO.

I just saw the chocolate Jesus on the news a couple seconds ago. The reporter said that they cancelled the exhibit and that the creator has been getting lots of offers to buy the sculpture- short segment.

Gotta quote another Tom Waits song...
"Well it's got to be a chocolate jesus to make me feel so good inside"

Would anyone protest if someone made a chocolate Obama?

Not to tell Him what He ought to do, but Jesus might want to tell some of His fans to lighten up. Or maybe He could do like Neil Young and put out an album of feedback drenched noise to drive away the fans who never really got it.

a less controversial sculpture would be a choco-moses...since he wears a robe lol.

I'm making chocolate figures of all my appendages now. Place your pre-orders!

even nose hair?

Imagine the lively discussion had this been a Chocolate Mohammed.

Jeztor, just make molds hahaha, that reminds me of an episode of the osbourns.

Back