What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hospital

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I don't know if you guys have noticed that I haven't been around in awhile. I've been in the hospital. I'm still in the hospital. I had somebody bring my laptop and I logged onto a wireless network. I don't remember much about what happened. I remember that on Friday the 23rd I was in a field looking for snakes. Apparently a plane crashed near me and I was injured.
All I remember was that there was a plane flying kind of low and it was headed in my direction. Since I was near an airport, and I was between the plane and the airport, I didn't think much about it. Last thing I remember, I was taking my camera out to get a pic as it flew over me.
I never even got my camera out.

I have a head injury and I was out for 2 days. My right arm and leg are broke and in pretty bad shape. I also had some internal injuries. It hurts to type, and it takes a long time too. So don't expect a lot of details from me right now. I had somebody to scan a newspaper article so I can post it here. It's not the whole story but that's all they scanned for me.

201258404O298583113.jpg

you are to a liar as what a dolphine is to mammal. :-))

don't know what to think. deep down it kind of stinks like one of your hoaxes, but this is serious and i don't think that even you would go that far.

if you really are being truthful, hugs to you. kinda was wondering where my bug bashing buddy was at.

I'm sorry to hear that!!!!

I hope that you heal all right.

I still don't believe you. I guess you always have some believers.

The date and place seem right. If true i hope you have a fast recovery.

April 1st is in just two days.....

-Ben

Are you sure you're still alive? I just got an email from Nigeria saying the third person died too and left an unclaimed estate of $100,000,000. I just sent my bank account number so they can get the money out before the government can take it. Sweet.

Yes, I knew proof would come soon! See you are losing your touch.

Nice Photoshop job Ozzy. Next time try running distress and antialiasing filters over your text layer to make it look less computer-generated. Happy April Fools.
~Joe

so...you mean....he got me!!!!!!

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke:

were too sharp this year ozz-man :D i was just thinking today what your joke would be.
Alex

:nono: Come on people! You’re supposed to follow along. At least we would have gotten the newbies!

Ozzy you should have taken this year off, and waited ‘till next year. At least some people would have forgotten about your comical acts you pull off around this time of year. Good try though! :)

I had gotten in contact with Ozzy awhile ago, to go down to North Carolina go bogging and he was gonna help me out we talked on the phone, and every thing. I got incontact with him just yesterday (29th), he is really in the hospital guys. I have spring break this week, I was going to go down and visit my dad who lives near Raleigh NC for a few days as well. I will probably still go down but I don't know the main thing reason i wanted to go down was to go see some native VFT's and some Sarr's at least the locations, they should be starting some growth this time of year.

Their is no joke. You guys are jerks

Well first of all I deserve this, given my past history.

I have forgotten all about april with all that's happen. I had a good joke planned that started with the nuclear bomb that was dropped in SC post I made before this happened.

Notanumber, some of the links you posted above are not even in my area, I believe some of those are for Ga.

NepAK, I don't remember talking to you at all yesterday, but I've have been on some pretty good drugs.

Here's some more proof that none of you are going to believe, but here you go. I was given what was left of my camera today. It's destroyed, but I took out my memory card an heres what was on it.

201296633O922712010.jpg

I sincerely hope you're not hurt Ozzy, but I'm also not convinced for a minute. There's absolutely no way that all of the text scanned off a page of newspaper would line up as precisely as in your picture there - even where the paper is wrinkled, the print is totally parallel and each character is totally legible. I worked in a Xerox room for years, and that never happens. Show me some links to local news and I'll call FTD right now. That second picture is much better but I can still spot the layers.
~Joe

PS - I win April Fools! It shouldn't be as easy as a Google search - you're losing your edge.

in the plane pic, the plants in front look fine, but the plane is pixelated. Also, the small tree towards the bottom left looks fake, and the shadow in the bottom left corner...last time I checked, shadows weren't green

Notanumber, some of the links you posted above are not even in my area, I believe some of those are for Ga.

The only one from Georgia is the last one, The Brunswick News

The rest cover Brunswick County, NC - if the spokesperson from "The Brunswick County Airport" made a statement as alleged in the newspaper it would be all over the Brunswick County news:

Brunswick County, NC

"The county was named for the town of Brunswick, which was named for King George I, Duke of Brunswick and Lunenberg Brunswick County is one of 100 counties in North Carolina.

The county is in the Wilmington metro area (empahsis mine). The estimated population in 2004 was 84,575. This was an increase of 15.63% from the 2000 census"

About WWAY (first link in previous post)

WWAY NewsChannel 3
615 N. Front St.
Wilmington, NC 28401

NewsChannel 3 Newsteam
Find out more about the people who bring you news covering all of Southeastern North Carolina.
Source North Carolina Press Association NC Papers by County:

BRUNSWICK

* Shallotte: The Brunswick Beacon (C)
* Southport: The State Port Pilot (C) <== Cited​

Theres nothing on The Wilmington Star "The Voice of Southeastern North Carolina" either.

Then there is this:

Kit-built airplane crashes
(article dated 3/25/07)

Morganton | A single-engine, kit-built plane crashed Friday afternoon, just short of the runway at the Foothills Regional Airport.

The pilot, whose name was not released, got out of the plane by himself but complained of dizziness and was airlifted to a hospital, according to Maj. Ken Anthony of the Burke County Emergency Medical Services.

The plane was approaching the north end of the runway just before 3 p.m. when it hit tree tops and fell to the ground about 200 feet short of the tarmac, officials said.

Federal authorities were investigating, Anthony said. The plane is called an experimental plane, officials said.​

But then your photo shows a twin-engine aircraft and two people were killed according to the scanned newspaper. I guess a non-fatal crash in Burke County near Charlotte is more newsworthy.

And lastly Southport-Oakisland.com claims the Brunswick County Airport is in their area. Funny how the Southport State Port Pilot news website cited earlier has no mention of it.

You claim you were near an airport at the time.

Brunswick County Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back