What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bad easter news...............

Ant, you assume wayy to much things about those crocs

that is not a clear enough picture to ID any ways.

Thank you. Being such a miniaturized, foreshortened photo, its a little hard to tell WHAT it is...other than its NOT a frog. :-P-: And I have the same pics.

So where was he? Nile croc. would have to be in a zoo in america if you didn't go to the nile and rivers that flow into it.

doesnt need to be a zoo...........last i saw nile crocs were running around $100 for hatchlings, sometimes less..................easy to get ahold of, i could have one here tomorrow if i so wished.............

Thought they were illegal to keep as pets. The only place I have seen a nile croc. was in a zoo. Oh ya and something one post made us do is go :offtopic:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm must be the wrong time of year..........only hatchlings i can find at the moment are american aligators for $60, hatchling specticled caiman for $250........3ft specticled caiman for $300................hatchling dwarf smooth front caiman for $135..........and a 7 foot long New Guinea croc for $5000.......................no niles for sale at the moment but i prolly could track one down with minimal effort

as for this post being on topic................read my original post and ask yourself if it was ever going to stay on topic :grin:

Ant! If I didn't know better I'd say you were a mod! What with telling us to get back on topic and all. You're like a hall monitor.

No, I just like dead bunny jokes.:jester:

Good ol' kingsnake.com. Even though there's a lack of Nile crocodiles at the moment, you might be able to satisfy yourself with a spitting cobra or a green mamba. Just in time for Easter. But try to explain that to the kids. There; we're back on topic. Happy?

Bruce..................your familiar with knigsnake.com..................im shocked :-O

Some places have local or state laws that prohibit you from owning certain animals. Check out my 2004 April fools joke for more details on that.
In most places you can own whatever you want.

I would be so happy to get a green mamba for Easter. My life would then be complete.

Then the 2nd photo on this page is the Easter basket of Ozzy's dreams:

detail.php

What can be better than a mama protecting her eggs on Easter. That is so sweet. :love:

Then you should have known.

I didn't study the pic. I just knew it wasn't a frog. And I don't have a pic from that view. I don't know if I photographed alligators or crocs. I was paying more attention to the snakes. :p

How can you tell the difference between an alligator and a crocodile if you are being attacked?

What you can do, Ozzy, is to print and laminate this webpage and keep it with you whenever you're somewhere that has both species:
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/cnhc/cbd-faq-q1.htm
It lists a number of diagnostic features and I do believe that, with some foresight and preparation, people would be able to determine which particular species is attacking them. Some of the features, such as the presence of salt glands on the tongue, should be especially apparent in the latter stages of the attack.

Very good answer Bruce, but it's not really the answer I'm looking for. How do you tell if you're being attacked by an alligator or a crocodile.

The answer is, it really doesn't matter.

Yes it does! I would feel more pride being killed by a croc. as they can grow bigger and stronger!:-))

I don't think it will matter after you're dead.

The worst death is falling down an escalator.

Would you feel better being killed by a fly or and being killed by a bull shark?

Back