What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dog saves owners life

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date
I heard about that,but I don't belive it. :crazy:

Jerry

I heard about that and do believe it.

Cute puppy.

i somehow doubt the dog did it on purpose (i mean, i love 'em but... seriously... they bark at their reflection...)

but cool nonetheless :)

Jeff doesn't really believe it either and I don't know what I believe but I thought it was cute. I don't think the dog knew it was doing the heimlich but nonetheless he saved his owner :)

It probably attacked her, not save her, assuming it's real. I mean, there's no way a dog would know to do that if we just recently thought of it (right?).

Well, I think it's quite possible.

Golden Retrievers are one of the fastest learning, smartest, and most observational dogs out of them all. The dog probably noticed something was wrong, and knew she was beating on her chest because that was the source of her problem, so, he, not wanting to lose his master, tried to help out in panic, and walaa! It worked!

It probably attacked her, not save her, assuming it's real. I mean, there's no way a dog would know to do that if we just recently thought of it (right?).

i dunno about attacking...

it probably thought something like "hey, my owner doesn't look right. no, no, she really doesn't look OK.... OHMYGOSHwhatdoidowhatdoido? *panic* i know! i'll ask my owner! *jump*" etc. and just happened to do the right thing... i guess it's also possible he jumped once and noticed that the owner got a little better so he tried again? it's definitely possible but that'd have to be one insanely smart dog... goldens are a pretty sharp breed though.

it's an interesting story either way :)

Exactly like I said. It noticed something wrong, saw it's master trying to perform the Heimlich and beating on her chest, saw her eating something, panicked, and tried to help out and it worked.

I have a golden retriever. He is the smartest dog by far that I ever had. I don't think the dog knew to jump on the owners chest to save her life though. It's way more probable that he noticed her acting strange. Then when she fell he thought she wanted to play, and jumped on her. Golden retrieves love to play. I'll bet that mine would do the same thing if I started hitting my chest like she did and then lay on the floor.

Yeah That's what I think. I don't think it knew what it was doing.

May be the dog was annoyed by the owner holding her neck and thried the crush her lungs. :-P-:

if it was anything like my aunt's dog, it would have jumped on her and licked her whether she was choking or not

Dogs actually are pretty smart. I have a dog that smiles and "laughs" whenever I talk baby talk to him. He shows his teeth and makes this weird sound, but only if you say something that makes him happy.

I have a golden retriever. He is the smartest dog by far that I ever had. I don't think the dog knew to jump on the owners chest to save her life though. It's way more probable that he noticed her acting strange. Then when she fell he thought she wanted to play, and jumped on her. Golden retrieves love to play. I'll bet that mine would do the same thing if I started hitting my chest like she did and then lay on the floor.

Well try it! I wanna know what Moonshine would do :-D

My dog sniffs me when I play dead and makes me laugh.

I wonder if you laid there for long enough if it would try to eat you.

Goofy! Anything to get into the media nowadays!

Back